Kiss of Revenge Ch. 10

Kiss of Revenge Ch. 10: Downfall Kiss

CHARLES' POV:

I knew I have to tell RB eventually. I knew I have to break her heart again. I don't want to... but I knew.

It was a mistake I said. It was never my intention I said. But she didn't listen. Or she's too wounded to listen. She was crying. Her eyes are closed from too much crying. She's shaking uncontrollably. I want to hold her. And I did. Despite the fact that she hates me. I wrapped my arms around her. I want to comfort her. But she pushed me away and a stinging slap on the left side of my face comes right after.

How could you, she asked in between her sobs. And I didn't know the answer. I ran after her as she leaves... but she's gone even before I get there.

*Earlier that day..*

I walked out of my room and I smell bacon. Dumiretso ako sa kusina where I saw her cooking. RB. She's cooking for me and it makes my stomach flutters with excitement. RB wearing a purple and white apron with her dark brown hair in a messy bun. She's shouting ofcourse dahil sa pagtalsik ng mantika mula sa pan, waking everyone up. I laugh silently.

"You're awake." she said as she turns and smiles at me with a smile on her face. Then reality hit me. Emma. I looked down at her belly bump now covered by a shirt and an apron - the same apron I imagined RB in just moments ago. "Goodmorning" she added as she puts the bacon on the table.

"What are you doing?" I asked. Hindi ko intensyon maging rude, but it sounded that way.

"I'm... sorry if I already intrude your home. I just... I'm hungry that's all." she answered and her face saddens. Damn!

"I'm sorry. It's just... you're pregnant. You're not supposed to be doing anything, right?"

She seems to buy what I said and her smile's back on. "Oh. I'm just pregnant Charles. Not crippled. And besides, it's the first time I felt good since I knew about my pregnancy." She puts two plates on the table and served each one breakfast. "Let's eat."

I sat on the isle and she's seating on my right side. She seems happier compared to last night. She looked up and caught me staring. She smiled again.

"Did you sleep well?" she asked.

Did I sleep well? Is dreaming about RB crying and hating me and leaving means well? No. I guess not. I choose not to answer her. I heard that the mother's emotion are directly connected that to the child she's carrying.