Kiss of Revenge Ch. 17

A.N:
This chapter is dedicated to Ghen Netro. A dear friend who keeps on bugging me at work to update my story to the point of molesting me. Utang na loob mo sa'kin 'to. Hahaha. Ayabshooo!! Kisses! 😘😘😘

Readers. Enjoy. After 5 months or so na yung next update. 😉😉😉

Kiss of Revenge Ch. 17: Kiss of Forgiveness

Charles' POV:

I stare out at the sea. It was a peaceful and a beautiful chaos. How the waves meet and crash and settles onto the shore. How the sun bleeds into a beautiful dawn, turning the sky into a gauze on fire. How the birds fly on top of the scene, feeling superior and untouched yet belonging into the picture. I was surrounded by all this beauty and it's a shame 'coz up until now, I feel nothing.

I slumped back at the white sand where I'm seating at. I closed my eyes and felt the breeze of the upcoming night. It's been 2 weeks since I put myself into this exile. Nagulat nga si Manang Olga when she opened the door for me. She asked me why I'm here. I did not explain. I don't want to. Her innocence, I realized, is a beautiful thing.

She knew by then that I'm different. I'm not the same Cheeno she took care every summer of my childhood. But she didn't say anything. Some things are better left unsaid, I guess.

"Charles! Charles!" I heard her calling my name. I lay there with my eyes still closed choosing to ignore her.

"Charles! Charles!" Her voice coming nearer and I imagine her running towards me with so much struggle with all the sand.

Then I heard her pant next to me. I opened my eyes and raised my brow. "Hindi mo kailangang tumakbo manang Olga, I'm just here. Di ako aalis."

"May... naghahanap... sa'yo." sabi niya habang hinihingal.

I did not respond. It could either be my mom or Cassandra on the phone, I don't care.

"Babae."

See? They won't stop bothering me since that day. They always worry. Like I'm not a man who can take care of myself and as if worrying will be of any help.

"Tell them I'm fine, manang." I respond as I close my eyes again.

"Are you really?" asked a familiar voice that got me onto my feet.

"Emma?"

I asked. Blinking. Making sure I'm not imagining her. I do that a lot now. Imagining. Things. People. Events that are unimaginable.

"Yes. It is me."

"You cut your hair." I noticed. And she looked surprised that I do notice. She touched it unconsciously. I then noticed she's wearing a white sundress flowing right above her knee and a shoal's covering her thin arms the same color as her dress. She looks... peaceful as she smiled a little.

"I have to." She said. I raised an eyebrow with her answer. "But that's not what I'm here for."

I put my hand on the front pocket of my board shorts waiting for her to continue.

"I came here to see you."

"Here I am. Now what?" I asked with a shrug.

"First. Your mom. She's anxious about you. Please don't make her worry further." She pleads as if she knows my mother's feelings. I would love to interrupt her but I know there's a second to her first.