Chapter 26

Chapter 26

“Every morning you have two choices: Continue to sleep in your dreams, or wake up and chase your dreams. The choice is yours.”
-Unknown.

VOTERS:

wiggie1993     remydiaz     sunshinefilly115     khalilahussai     crystal79     areisfired     Sarasmith2     barbera    darkvinge     dancingjedi09     crystalvincent     CrazyWolfLover     nickrocks234     JessieJaber     EthanDanielMill     meme44441     DianaBLuvvinU     jojoeyanna     Dewyluver     Bandia    

COMMENTERS:

Bandia     Dewyluver     jojoeyanna     DianaBLuvvinU     witchywatergirl1397     AuberCake(x2 ;D)     khalilahussain     remydiaz    

Addie’s P.O.V

I stayed the night at Theo’s after the party. Mom wasn’t exactly keen on the idea when I called her, but seeing as it was past midnight and I’d been drinking, she eventually relented. I told her I’d be sleeping in Ruby-May’s room; I figured she didn’t need to know that Theo and I often stayed in each other’s rooms.

The next morning, I woke at around half twelve. Theo was still asleep (big surprise there) so I lay contentedly, watching him sleeping. I smiled fondly at his peaceful expression and lightly touched the wolf pendant that was resting in the hollow of my neck. His hair flopped over his eyes, and my fingers itched to brush it back, but I didn’t want to disturb him when he was sleeping so peacefully. Instead I slipped out of bed and went downstairs.

The others were all back, clearing up some of the mess we hadn’t managed last night. Dave gave me a big smile when he saw me.

“Addie! How was the party?”

“Great, thanks.” I accepted his hug. “Thanks for letting us use the place. We didn’t tip it too bad, did we?”

 “If you did, you cleared up pretty well.” He patted my back and let me go. I was then engulfed by a hug from Belle.

“I haven’t even said happy birthday yet! How was it?”

I gave her a gentle squeeze, smiling to myself. “Amazing, thanks.”

“We got you a present, didn’t we Dave?” She leaned back and smiled at her mate.

“Sure did.” Dave tipped back his coffee.

“Well, go get it then!” she urged him. He rolled his eyes as he sloped off, and I tried not to grin.

“That’s so sweet of you guys.” I smiled up at Belle. “You’re all way too nice to me.”

“We’re your family, Addie,” Belle said. I loved it when the pack members said that to me; I gave her an extra hug before leaning back to help myself to coffee.