Chapter 10

Dedicated to RavensXShadows for helping me find the perfect Alex&Jared! Thank you Hun! <3 The actor is Xavier Samuel, who fits pretty perfectly :D

Onto the chapter!!!

 “The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories that it has come to be disbelieved. Few people daresay nowadays that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet that is the way love begins, and only that way.”

                                                               -Victor Hugo

 Chapter 10

Theo’s P.O.V

I was more angry rather than scared about the fact that a Vampyre had been in Addie’s room. Obviously, I would be scared if anything had happened to her, but nothing had, and the Vampyre hadn’t hung around long, so I found myself just angry that some low-life, cold blooded bastard had been snooping around my mate’s bedroom for whatever dumb reason. I’d honestly had enough of those creeps to last me a life time.

Addie was scared though. She clung to me, shaking as I scanned the room, the house, the garden. From what I could tell (and it wasn’t much), the Vampyre had turned up in Addie’s room, probably through the window since everywhere else smelt the same, and then scarpered. The thing about Vampyres was that they didn’t smell of anything, but they sometimes had an effect of wiping out other smells. Addie’s bedroom now smelt like it had been filled with odourless gas, and any traces of the werewolf had gone. Another thing that pissed me off.

“Stupid, effing Vampyre!” I kicked the door angrily. Addie gripped my arm tighter.

“Theo, calm down,” she said, her eyes still large and frightened. “Look, it’s obviously gone now, so it doesn’t matter.”

“What if it comes back though?” I asked, and felt the first kick of anxiety for her.

“We don’t know that it will. And besides, not all Vampyres are bad, right? Yeah, I know we’ve been enemies since the dawn of time,” she rolled her eyes as I opened my mouth, “but only the ones who, uh... don’t like humans are bad. Right? Most of them wouldn’t kill a werewolf without a reason, and we’ve done nothing wrong, have we?”

My thoughts flickered briefly to Graceling and her dead mate. But she knew it hadn’t been us who’d killed him; it had been Malum. She knew that, and we’d left on relatively good terms.

“I guess. But I’m staying with you.” I tightened my hold on her hand. “We should go back to the pack house.”

Addie nibbled her lip, looking tempted. “I don’t know. Maybe the Vampyre will come back. Or the werewolf.”

“Exactly. We should get out of here.” I tugged her towards the door but she stayed in the hall.

“But if they do come back, maybe we could talk to them. Ask them why they came, what they want and all that.”

I could see the logic. “Fine. But I’m staying here too.”

She grinned. “Do you see me trying to stop you?”                  

                                                                                            ~~~~

“Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way...”

Christmas was the one time of year when Alice went hyper. She charged around the dining room, singing at the top of her voice. Maddy sat in her high chair, gurgling happily while Jared, tall for a fourteen year old, attempted to set fire to the turkey with a match. The crispy brown skin crackled and blackened, but didn’t catch like he apparently wanted it to.