Chapter 21

Chapter 21

“Everything will be okay in the end.
If it’s not okay,
It’s not the end.”
-Unknown (but whoever it is, they deserve a medal for their awesomeness)                                     A/N: This chapter is all about mothers, because it’s Mother’s day soon... isn’t it? Well, IDK, but this chappy is all about MOMS :D

Addie’s P.O.V

I cupped the phone between my neck and my shoulder as I shoved random books into my bag. “Can you believe we have school in two freakin’ days?”

“Man, don’t remind me!” Ruby-May wailed down the phone. “I’m enjoying my lie-ins.”

“Looks like I’ll have to come round to your house nice and early to wake you all up,” I said cheerfully. Ruby-May groaned loudly, making the phone line crackle.

“You better not try that trick with the whipped cream again.”

I laughed. “That was hilarious, you gotta admit.”

“Yeah, hilarious for you, I’m sure. That stuff takes ages to clean.” (A/N: Anyone ever done that trick with the whipped cream? When you put it on someone’s alarm clock and then set it off really loudly? So funny XD A/N)

“Well, if you don’t get up early, I’ll have to resort to it.”

Ruby-May laughed. “I’ll try and wake up, then. Are we gonna give you a lift to school?”

I very carefully folded my art homework and tucked it into my bag. “That would be cool. But then we’d have to give Luna a lift too, and I don’t think your car’s big enough...”

I tried to do the maths, but Ruby-May beat me to it.

“Nah, that would be eight of us. We could all fit in the nine-seater.”

I rolled my eyes. “How about, instead of a nine-seater and a five-seater, you just buy a huge camper van?”

“We had one once,” Ruby-May said cheerfully. “Yonks ago. Then Alex crashed it.”

I zipped my bag shut. “Of course he would.”

“I know. Then we had no ride at all. Plus, it’s handy having two cars, cos Dave can take Maddy to primary school.”

“Eh. All this maths is confusing me. Can’t we wait till we get to school before we started adding up sums?”

“Hey, you were the one who brought up the subject of car seats, not me. Oh, by the way, next hunt is on Monday. It’s a full moon.”

“Good.” I turned, and nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw my mom in the doorway. “Gah!”

“Addie?” Ruby-May sounded confused. “You okay?”