Chapter 68

• Dedicated to My Chemical Romance <3

A/N: Did anyone else die a little inside when they heard about MCR’s split?? I nearly bawled :((( They’ve been one of my fav bands since I was 12!! What am I gonna do without them?? :O R.I.P (Rock in Peace) A/N)

"We'll carry on, we'll carry on, 

And though you're dead and gone believe me,

Your memory will carry on." :'( 

Chapter 68                      

“Break the rules and stand apart,

Ignore your head and follow your heart.”

-Unknown

Addie’s P.O.V

Theo refused to let me go home alone after he got the news from Dave.

I’ll be fine, I insisted, shaking blood off my muzzle from my latest kill. I adamantly pretended it was strawberry jam. Dave said twelve hours, right? The army must be miles away. I hoped the fear coiling in my stomach at the thought wasn’t obvious on my face.

Theo was adamant. I’m coming with you, he said stubbornly.

I rolled my eyes, but Ava backed him up.

Better safe than sorry, she said, her tone slightly anxious.

If something happened to you... Theo trailed off, but his lovely chocolate brown eyes fixed on mine were soft and anxious.

Okay, then, I agreed, and his eyes brightened.

Ava, Belle, you guys can take care of the pack, right?  he said, trotting over to me.

Of course we can, Belle said warmly. See you later, Addie.

There were several choruses of ‘byes’ echoing around the pack, and then Theo and I started a gentle run through the woods back to mine.

I haven’t taken any pictures in ages, I said thoughtfully, glancing up at the layers of leaves fanning out above our heads, blocking out the night sky but letting small glimmers of pale light from the moon filter through.

If you take any tomorrow, be careful, Theo said, his tone still anxious. Dave said twelve hours, but Tobias might come sooner than that.

I flinched slightly, but the name wasn’t bothering me so much anymore. I won’t be taking any pictures. I’ll be coming round to yours.

Theo glanced at me as we ran, the moonlight glinting over his silvery fur. What are the chances of your mom letting you do that, d’you think? His voice was slightly amused.

About zero point one percent likely, I said heavily. Maybe I’ll say I’m going to Luna’s instead...

When’s her Mom getting back from hospital? Theo asked me.

A few days, I think.

We’d reached the edge of the woods. My house loomed ahead of us, the windows glowing with a warm, yellow light. My sharp eyes made out my mom hovering in the kitchen, glancing out the window, twisting her head to look at the door every now and then.

What time is it? I asked Theo.

Exactly one minute to nine, I’m guessing.

Awesome timing. I blew out a sigh through my nose. And Mom still looks paranoid.

Can you blame her? Theo said quietly. Then, a second later, he seemed to ripple like a distorted image in a pool, his body flowing upward, until he had shifted fully into a human. He smiled at me. “Are you gonna shift, or are you planning on surprising her with your wolf form?”