So Many Friends Have Come

"So, how old is she?" Megan asked. We had been talking for about twenty minutes while Ricky took his time in the shower. He was the only guy I knew that could spend over a half-hour in the shower. I guess with all that hair he had an excuse, though.

"She'll be month next week," I replied. A month might not seem like a long time, but to me, I felt like she had just been born yesterday. when people say kids grow up fast, they're not joking.

"I'm really surprised Ricky actually settled down say easily. He never seemed like the family type," she told me. I guess that really could go for any band member. Who would want kids if they had to be on tour all the time?

"Well, it wasn't really a plan. He did take some time to get used to the idea. We both did, but now I wouldn't change a thing," I responded with a shrug. The memory of telling Ricky I was pregnant immediately popped into my head and it wasn't a happy one.

"One time, I said something about marriage and he practically bit my head off, but we were younger then. I guess he's grown up," she added. Again, I had the feeling she and Ricky had dated, but why wouldn't he just tell me that?

"No one said anything about getting married," I chuckled, trying to hide my doubts. I trusted Ricky, so why was I even second guessing things? "Did you and Ricky go out in high school or something?" I questioned, breaking my shyness about the topic.

"Yeah, we went out senior year, but I didn't want a long distance relationship when he started touring, so we broke up, but we stayed friends," she answered. I must've given her a look because she added, "don't worry. I'm not trying to get him back or anything."

"Oh, I didn't think you were," I lied. Even though Megan was a sweet girl, I didn't know her well enough to trust her. I still had a hard time trusting people and letting people in.

"Good, because you seem way too cool to do that to," she responded with a smile. Ok, so maybe she was too nice to try to steal Ricky back and maybe I was just being pessimistic, but I think most people would assume the worst in my situation.

"Sorry that took so long," Ricky's voice apologized from behind us. I turned around to see him with his hair still drenched from the shower. I had to admit, he looked pretty cute.

"You guys got any plans for the day?" Megan questioned curiously. I had to hold back a laugh. We hand't been out of our flat to actually do things in so long. I almost forgot what the outside world looked like.

"We haven't had enough motivation to go out of here since Cameron was born," Ricky admitted with a chuckle. It sounded ridiculous that we hadn't ventured out of our small flat in almost a month.

"Well, then let's go show little Cameron the world," she exclaimed with a grin. I had to confess that I did think it was about time to get out even if I'm sure it would be a challenge.

"Ok, but we need to go get something to eat. I'm starving," I agreed. As if on cue, my stomach rumbled obnoxiously. Ricky let out a laugh at the timing and Megan looked excited to have won me over.

"Ok, I'll get Cameron ready," Ricky replied before carefully taking the baby from Megan's arms. She looked a bit reluctant to give Cameron up, but she did.

"I gotta get a shower first," I told them before, scurrying off to the bathroom. I skipped out on a shower the day before, so I'm sure I didn't smell too lovely.

I quickly stripped down and hopped in the shower. I let the warm water roll over and down my body for awhile before I actually stared to clean myself. It was rare those days that I got to take a long shower. I ram shampoo and conditioner over my hair and then cleaned off my body. I then hopped out dried off and pulled my clothes back on.

When I finally excited the bathroom, I could see Ricky in the nursery changing Cameron's clothes and cooing at her. "You excited to go out?" he was murmuring to his beloved daughter. She of course didn't respond, but it didn't seem to phase him. "I love you," he whispered to her before picking her up from the changing table and kissing the top of her head. I had to smile at the scene. He was seriously an amazing father my child.

Ricky then turned around to see my standing in the doorway. His cheeks immediately reddened. I guess knowing someone had seen his show of affection was a weird thing. "What?" he questioned in a defensive term.

"Nothing you just really cute with her, that's all," I replied with a smile. They were so adorable together that I had to mention it. His love for that little girl was written all over his face.

He didn't respond. He just walked around me and back to the living room. I quickly the diaper bag, which we had only used once, and joined then. "Ready?" Megan questioned when she saw me, to which I nodded. I was actually excited to get out.

While Ricky was buckling Cameron into her car seat, Megan and I decided on going to Panera Bread. I had been seriously craving their tortellini lately. The drive was quick and once we get there, we ordered. Eventually they called our names and we ordered. Eventually they called our names and we found a seat.

Within about ten minutes, someone came up to our table. "You're Ricky and Midnight, right?" the girl asked. She was wearing a Panera Bread apron, but I could see she also had on Motionless In White and Into The Dark wristbands.

"That's us," Ricky replied with a friendly smile. It wasn't everyday that we got recognized when we were out, it also wasn't everyday we went out.

"I'm a huge fan of you guys. I was supposed to go to Warped Tour last summer, but I had to work," she told us. It was obvious that she didn't enjoy her job, or at least she didn't enjoy it as much as Warped Tour, which was understandable.

"Oh, that sucks. May next time you'll be able to come," I told her with a sympathetic smile. She seemed liked she was a nice a girl and she definitely deserved to be able to go to Warped.

"Hopefully. I'm kinda hoping you guys tour together again so I can go. Motionless In White and Into The Dark are my two favorite bands," she responded. After a few more moments of talking, she seemed to realizes there was a baby in between Ricky and I.

"Wait is that Cameron?" she questioned, peering over Ricky to get a better look. Even though we had both posted enough pictures of her to fill a photo, I guess seeing her in person was better.

"Yep," Ricky replied, moving over so the girl could see better. She had a smile on her face as Cameron gave her a curious look.

"She is so cute!" she gushed. She then launched into the normal baby comments about how Cameron looked just like Ricky and how she had such awesome parents before she announced she should get back to work.

"Well, it looks like you guys are pretty popular," Megan commented when the girl was out of earshot. She gave us a grin before taking a bite of her sandwich. To be honest, it was still new to me to get recognized outside of concerts. It seems so surreal to me that people like the band enough to come up to me during their everyday life. As much as I love it, it was still weird to me.

"Well, I'm glad they enjoy the music," Ricky told her with a shrug. I had to agree. I was glad that our music brought some joy to her day. That was all that really mattered to me.

"Well, who wouldn't? You guys are great. Well, I've never heard any of your music," she gestured to me, "but if it's anything like Motionless In White, you guys must be good," she said, causing me to grin. As skeptical as I was of Megan at first, she was pretty cool now that I was getting to know her.

"Thanks, but we're not for everyone, you know," Ricky pointed out. Of course, he was right. By the looks we were getting, not many people would appreciate our music here.

"God, Ricky, just fucking take my compliment. He used to do this all the time when we were younger, too," she huffed. I tried not to let the fact that she went out with Ricky before we ever met bother me . I knew that the past was the past, but for some reason, I was till insecure about the whole thing.

"Have you seen the looks we're getting? It's obvious that these people aren't very accepting," he replied. It was evident that he wasn't going down without a fight,

"Whatever, Ricky," she said, giving in. She then turned to me and started asking me some questions. She was totally ignoring Ricky while she asked me some basic questions. I was hoping that this was the start of a new friendship