Are You Fucking Jealous?

"I found a job here and I'm going to be moving in with your aunt," my mum announced. As soon as the words left her mouth, my eyes lit up. It was hard to believe that I would be able to see her when I was home.

"That's amazing, Mum! Where are you working?" I questioned excitedly. I reached over to pull her into a hug before she could answer.

"There's a law firm around here. I'm going to be their secretary," she replied after she let me go. It was hard to imagine my mum as a secretary, but if it kept her here in America, I was fine with it.

"Congratulations," Jeremy told her with a smile. He could probably careless, but he know it made me happy and he was mostly just being a good friend.

"Thank you. I'm going to save up the money I make to get my own apartment eventually, so I can stop bugging you aunt," she added, giving her sister a kind smile. Addy was helping her out a whole lot. I don't know if I would do the same in her situation, but she was nicer than me.

"You should move in this building, so you can bother Midnight and Ricky all the time," Jeremy suggested teasingly. I actually wouldn't mind having her so close. While I'd rather her live in a different building just so we could have some privacy, it wouldn't be that bad.

"Oh, no. I wouldn't do that to them," my mum chuckled, shifting Cameron in her arms. I could tell she wasn't giving her up anytime soon. I wasn't complaining, though. I could use the break.

After about a half hour of excited chatter, Aunt Addy announced that her and my mum should be going. I gave my mum one last huge hug before they exited our apartment. "I should probably be going, too. I'm suppose to go out with Jessie tonight," Jeremy told me after checking the time on his phone. I could see a genuine smile appear on his face. It was evident that he was head over heels for Jessie. "But, I'll see you next friday, Cameron," he cooed in a baby voice before giving his niece a kiss on the forehead.

"What's happening on Friday?" Ricky questioned. It kind of hurt that he didn't have any idea that Friday would mark one year since we met. I guess with all this baby stuff he had been to busy to remember, but still.

"Blake and I are taking our lovely niece so you two can go out for your one year anniversary," Jeremy explained in a suggestive tone. As soon as he said 'anniversary,' it seemed to click in Ricky's mind that he should've known.

"Oh, that's nice of you. Thanks," he replied obviously avoiding my eyes. There seemed to be a slight pang in my chest knowing that if Jeremy hadn't said anything that he would never have remember.

Jeremy then said his goodbyes and headed for the door. "I can't believe it's already been a year. It went by so fast," Ricky sighed. I had to admit it did go by fast, but that didn't make up for him forgetting.

"Yeah, it did," I agreed wistfully. I was hoping he didn't take notice of my tone because it cam off more annoyed than I wanted it to.

"Hey, I'm sorry I forgot. There's been a lot going on, babe," he apologized genuinely. He blew out a sigh and sat down next to me on the couch. "I think we've been pretty busy lately," he added, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"It's ok, Ricky. I get it. We've had a lot going on. Cameron's more important,"I replied, reaching over carefully to kiss his cheek. Even though I was a bit offended, I couldn't afford to be fighting with him. I had enough on my plate.

"I'll make it up to you. I'll plan something amazing for Friday," he told me, all of a sudden with excitement. I smiled at the look in his beautiful blue eyes. These moments have become few and far between with Cameron now.

"Ok. I expect to be in awe," I responded giving him a defiant look. I really didn't care too much our dating being amazing. Just being alone with him would be enough, but if he wanted to go all out, I was going to stop him.