The One Best Part

"Gabby," someone exclaimed from behind me. I spun around to see my Aunt Addy. She ran up to me  and pulled me into a bone-crushing hug. "I missed you," I heard her say.

"I have a surprise for you," she told me after she let me go. I looked up at her excited face with confusion. She took my hand and let me towards her car. Ricky followed closely behind, but my aunt didn't seem to notice.

"What's the surprise?" I questioned hoping she'd tell me. I didn't particularly like surprises. She didn't respond. She just shook her head and then the car door popped open.

A women stepped out. She looked to be in her late forties. She had on an Into The Dark t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Her blonde hair was messy, but her brown eyes shown with happiness. The smile that appeared on her face was all too familiar.

"Mum?" I asked in a whisper. There was something that was telling it couldn't be true, but there she was. She was just exactly how I remembered her, too.

I didn't waste any time wrapping her in a hug. I had missed her so much. After growing up with someone being there, especially your mum, it was hard not having them there anymore, but there she was. Hugging me in the middle of America.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in astonishment. I was still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that my mum was here.

"I come to see my daughter," she replied with a smile. She just looked at me for a few moments. I guess it was a lot to take in. I had only been seventeen when I moved the Philadelphia. A lot had happened in those seven years. "You turned into a beautiful young women," she told me before pulling me into another hug.

"How did you afford the plane ticket?" I asked. We hadn't even had enough money for food let alone a plane ticket from Australia to America.

"Your aunt insisted on play for it," she replied rolling her eyes at her little sister. Aunt Addy just smile and shook her head.

"And who's this?" Aunt Addy questioned gesturing to Ricky who was standing there awkwardly. He had a small smile an his face. I had told him about my mum, so he knew it had a really long time since we had seen each other.

"This is, uh, Ricky," I responded hesitantly. I wasn't sure what to call him. I didn't want him to think I was pushy if I said 'boyfriend,' but I didn't want him to think I wasn't interesting if I call him 'friend.' Everything was so confusing!

"It's nice to meet you," Ricky greeted sticking out his hand. I quickly introducing him to my mum and aunt. The whole time, they were both giving us looks similar to the ones that Jeremy, Blake, Aaron, and Dan gave us.

"Midnight! There you are. What's with you lately? I think we need to buy a watch for you," Jeremy grumbled running up to us. He stopped when he saw my aunt and mum. He had never met my mum, though.

"Jeremy, this is my mum," I told him. He looked just as shocked as I had felt. "This is my best friend, Jeremy," I introduced turning to my mum.

"It's nice to, uh, meet you," Jeremy stammered. He knew how much I missed my mum so he was pretty surprised that she was here.

"It's nice to meet you, too, Jeremy," my mum responded giving him a smile. I had almost forgotten how friendly and nice my mum was.

"I'm sorry, but I need to take Midnight. We're on in twenty minutes," Jeremy said. I could see my mum's eyes light up at the sentence.

"I can finally see you play!" she exclaimed causing me to chuckle. My mumbled never been into heavy music. She was more of a soft song type of person, but she always supported my dream o being in a metal band.