I've Fallen In Love

I woke up the next morning, squished up against Ricky’s body. I knew what you’re thinking and you’re dead wrong. I had just decided to sleep on Motionless’ bus and we had somehow been able to squeeze into Ricky’s bunk. As uncomfortable as it sounds, it was actually the most comfortable I had ever felt. I just felt so safe in his arms no matter how squished we were. Last night when I had trouble falling asleep, I had been thinking about how nice this felt and then I realized how I loved Ricky. When the thought popped into my head, it actually startled me. It was weird to think about being in love with someone. I had never experienced the feeling before this. We had known each other less than a month, but I swear I loved him.

But, what if he didn’t feel the same?

I didn’t have too much time to think about this possibility because suddenly, the curtain to Ricky’s bunk was flung open. Squinting as my eyes adjusted to the bright light now pouring into the bunk, I looked up to see Chris with a grin on his face. “Wake up lovebirds. We play in forty-five minutes,” he announced as Ricky groaned next to me.

“You are a terrible person, Chris,” I told him as I attempted to get out of Ricky’s bunk without falling. Chris didn’t say anything. He just walked away, obviously happy to have ruin our morning.

“Whoever decided that starting Warped Tour at eleven needs to rethink their decision,” Ricky mumbled, making no attempt to get up. He put his hand over his eyes to block the intense sun.

“Come on. You don’t want to disappoint the fans,” I told him with a smile. Thankfully, he got up after groaning again. I don’t think I would be able to pull him out of his bunk without killing him.

“I’m gonna go to my bus and get changed,” I announced. Before I could even take one step, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back to him.

“No, don’t leave,” he whispered in my ear. For some reason, the action gave me goosebumps. Then, I giggled. Yes, me. I giggled. Normally, just the thought of giggling was too girly for me.

“I have to go get changed, Ricky,” I replied, trying to pry his hands off of me. Doing this just made him hold on tighter.

“But, you look beautiful,” he told me, making me blush. It seemed like I would never get used to him complimenting me. “You’re cute when you get embarrassed,” he added, which just caused me to get more embarrassed of course.

I was about to protest against when Ryan entered the bunk area. “God Ricky, don’t rape her,” he joked when he saw me struggling to get out of Ricky’s grip. The distraction gave me enough time to wriggle out of his arms. Ryan just rolled his eyes at us and grabbed his clothes.

“I’ll be right back,” I promised and ran out of the bunk area and exited the bus before he could protest. I’m ninety percent sure I heard him yell ‘don’t go’ after me, but I ignored him.

Once I made it to our bus, I quickly got changed into my favorite Slipknot tank top and black skinny jeans. I reapplied my makeup, brushed my messy hair and then my teeth, and made my way back to Motionless In White’s tour bus with fifteen minutes to spare. As I arrived at the bus, everyone was coming out and starting to walk to the stage.

“I was beginning to think you were gonna miss it,” Ricky told me when he saw me. He slipped his hand into mine and followed everyone else to the stage.

“It takes a long time to look this good,” I joked, using my free hand to flip my hair over my shoulder dramatically. Chris let out a laugh from in front next me.

“Maybe you need to spend a little extra time tomorrow,” Chris joked back, obviously implying that my look wasn’t that impressive. I stuck up my middle finger at him.