So Many Friends

AN: I apologize about how long it took me to update. I was really busy with school because I went on a field trip and missed a shit load of work while I was gone for the day, so I had to make it up. I already started the next chapter, so hopefully it will be come sooner than this one did. Also, do you guys have any request/suggestion for what should happen? I'm running low on ideas. I got one more idea for this story and then it'll be done unless someone suggests something.

“She’s so cute!” Rachel squealed. Ricky’s family had come to visit me in the hospital. It seemed like Mrs. Olson had warmed up to the baby because she had held her for a good ten minutes. I guess it was just a grandparent thing.

“That’s because she looked like me,” Ricky explained conceitedly, causing Rachel to give him a death glare. I could tell if she hadn’t been holding Cameron she would’ve hit him.

“Oh, shut up,” she muttered, glancing at him before looking back down at the baby in her arms. She was really good with kids. I guess having Reagan helped with that.

“Hey, Midnight!” someone greeted as the door was flung open. I looked up to see Jeremy, Aaron, Blake, and Dan stride in. “Hope you didn’t miss us too much,” he added with a grin. 

“Believe me, I didn’t,” I replied. My commented caused him to put on a hurt look that made me laugh. I actually did miss him, but I wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

"Well, I didn't come here to see you anyway. Where's my niece?" he demanded before glancing around the room. When he saw Rachel holding Cameron, his eyes lit up with happiness.

"Did you wanna hold her?" Rachel questioned, walking carefully to my best friend. when he saw my daughter in Rachel's arms, a smile appeared on his face. I could already tell he was going to be an amazing uncle.

"Of course! It's better than talking to someone who didn't miss me," Jeremy answered, glaring at me. Rachel carefully transferred Cameron from her arms to his and instructed him on how to hold her.

"She's so cute, unlike her mother," Jeremy commented, obviously trying to insult me. I gave him my own glar and turned to face my other friends. Even though we act like we hate each other, I'd really be nowhere without Jeremy.

"I'll talk to Blake. At least he's nice to me," I retorted jokingly as Blake sat down in one of the uncomfortable-looking chairs next to me hospital bed. They seriously got the cheapest chairs ever for this hospital. My ass hurt just looking at them.

"So, when are you going home?" Blake questioned. He looked a bit concerned. I guess with the car accident and having the baby he was worried about me.

"The doctor said in a day or two," I replied. I was thankful for the shortness of my hospital stay since I hated places like these and doctors in general. "Fortunately for you guys, you still have a drummer."

"Fortunately? After you sassiness, I think it's unfortunate," Jeremy interjected. Even though he was talking to me, he never took his eyes off of Cameron, which I thought was sweet. "How did such a terrible person make such a cute baby?" he teased. In response, I just stuck my tongue out at him.

"Ok, my turn. You've had her long enough," Dan announced, holding his arms out. Jeremy reluctantly handed him my daughter with care and a bit of Rachel's help. I swear, she was so good with babies.

"When can we go back on tour?" Blake questioned. I let out a chuckle at his eagerness. I couldn't even imagine getting out of bed let alone behind a drum set again.

"Well, I think she's gonna need some time to rest," Mrs. Olson interjected helpfully. I could see Blake's face drop a little bit when the words left her mouth. I knew all four of them wanted to hit the road again, but didn't want to do it without me.