We Gather

“Happy to be home?” I questioned as Ricky and I walked hand-in-hand. Today we were in Seattle, Washington, home of Ricky Horror. He now lived in Scranton, Pennsylvania with the rest of Motionless In White, but his family still lived in Seattle.

“Yeah, I’m excited to see my parents and my sister again,” he responded with a small smile. I was a bit nervous to meet Ricky’s parents. I really wanted them to like me. “They’re excited to meet you, too,” he added. His family was suppose to arrive in about a half hour and I could already feel my palms getting sweaty and my stomach doing flip-flops. “They’re gonna love you. Don’t worry about it,” he reassured me, practically reading my mind.

He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before we entered Motionless In White's tour bus to wait for his family, who happened to already be there. 

"Ricky!" cried a middle aged woman who looked quite similar to my boyfriend. She scooped Ricky up into a hug and Ricky hugged her back. I stood surveying the scene, feeling quite awkward. He then hugged a man who I was guessing was his father and a woman that looked around our age who I was guessing was his sister. His sister was holding the cutest little boy, who I was thinking was Ricky's nephew, Reagan. 

Ricky's sister sent me a warm smile when she saw me standing over to the side. "Ricky, you didn't tell us you had a girlfriend," she teased. 

"This is Midnight," Ricky introduced after sending his sister a death glare. They didn't seemed fazed by my nickname, which was nice for a change. "Midnight, this is my mom, my dad, my sister, Rachel, and my nephew, Reagan," he added, pointing everyone out to me. 

"It's nice to meet you," I told them all. Ricky's dad stuck out his hand for me to shake and his mum smiled at me. 

"You have such a beautiful accent. Where are you from?" Mrs. Olson questioned. I was glad she was being so kind since I had been quite nervous to meet her and her husband. 

"Australia," I answered with a smile. Rachel looked pretty impressed. I guess to people who had never been there, Australia seemed pretty awesome. 

"Do you still live there?" Mr. Olson asked, sitting down on one of the couches. This probably meant he was expecting some long, in-depth conversation, which was not something I was looking forward to. 

"No, I live in Philadelphia now," I replied, taking a seat across from him. Ricky copied my action and then put his arm around me. The contact brought a smile to my face. 

"Well, that's not too far away from where Ricky lives," Mrs. Olson told me. The drive from Scranton to Philadelphia was about two hours, which was long, but it would definitely be worth it after this tour when I couldn’t see Ricky everyday. 

We talked a little bit longer until my mum came to tell me that Into The Dark would be playing in a half hour. Her and Mrs. Olson seemed to hit it off. They kept talking and laughing as we made our way to the stage. 

Jeremy, Aaron, Dan, and Blake were already there, warming up and stretching. Ricky introduced my band to his family and I started warming up myself. By the look on his face, Mr. Olson was a bit surprised by the fact that I was a drummer, but I knew he'd be kicking himself for doubting me after we played, like most guys who doubt my skills just because I'm a girl. 

After we played, Mr. Olson, who did look pretty impressed, announced that he'd love to 'get to know me better.' I had to suppress my groan. He seemed like a nice guy, but I was just so terrible at talking to people, especially people I just met. As we walked back to Motionless In White's tour bus, Ricky slipped his hand into mine, causing Mrs. Olson to raise her eyebrows at us. She acted a lot like Jeremy had when Ricky and I had just met. It was sweet that she cared about his happiness so much.