Chapter 22 Cortana

[Reader's POV]

Me, Thelya, Chief and we are on my Flood Phantom and it flies towards High Charity and My Flooda found a opening for us into the hive.

Sgt. Johnson:Chief, I'll round up our survivor, fall back to the Dawn

As My Flood Phantom slowly hovers down in a covered platform we jump down and the Phantom flies away.

Flood Phantom:'Master, Call us if you need evacuate we will be there in haste.'

Sgt. Johnson:Shipmaster doing to same with the Elites.

Chief shakes off some organic material that stuck in his boots same as mine but I didn't bother.

Master Chief:She's in there somewhere...

Valkyrie:Let's get moving before the hive finds us.

Spark speaks to Valkyrie and she kinda bit surprised.

Spark:That won't be necessary Gravemind already knows were here...

Valkyrie:(suprised) Who... Is this?

(Y/n):Oh I forgot to introduce to you Valkyrie. The one that talks to you was Spark the one on Earth that infects me and help me.

Valkyrie:I hope that thing doesn't get loose...

(Y/n):Oh don't worry he's friendly right😆.

Spark:Of course...

We begin searching for Cortana, further in the Hive and My Mind and Spark Screech in pain same as mine and Thelya, Chief ran at me and kneeled and the one who wants to control both of us was Gravemind.

Gravemind:Child's of my enemy, why have you all come? I offer no forgiveness; a Father's Sins pass to his son and my Son is you.

Spark:'Ignore its says...'

We found like sinkhole with curves of teeth's and its look like a doorway and we drop down on it heard cries and laugh.

Cortana:(Cries in agony and psychotic laughter and coming out of a speaker within a crashed Pelican) I tried to stay hidden, but there was no escape! He cornored me, wrapped me tight... And brought me close.

We have no time to delay as we go deeper inside the hive another voice of Gravemind and... Its laughing??

Gravemind:(pyschotic laughs) Of course, you all came for her...  We all exist now. Four corpses, in two graves... And my Son came for his rightful throne or in grave he sleeps...

Cortana:A collection of lies; that's all I am! Stolen thoughts and memories!

Gravemind:And yet, perhaps a part of her... Remains?  Or should I call my son to do his own bidding to other females... (Maniac laughter)

Cortana:(deranged laughter)

We head a room and a terminal display there and we got close to it and activate it and another Cortana moment.

Cortana:It was the coins fault! I wanted to make you strong, keep you safe... I'm sorry, I can't...

And we saw her colors turned to red and blue flickering like a switch.

Cortana:(Casually and kindly, as though nothing is wrong) May I speak with you, please?... Whats your name? Its very nice to meet you!... You like games?  So do I.

Valkyrie:She... She's turning to rampancy if were lucky we might not give her angry looks at us or obsessed with someone as her precious...

We struggle through more narrow Tunnels and more Cortana moments received.