Chapter 18 The Storm

[Reader's POV]

A convoy of three warthogs and i was on one of them with Chief and Thelya as the Three warthogs roll down the tunnel of Tsavo Highway with Me holding the Turret with both hands while Thelya rides in the passenger sit with her Carbine readied and Chief is the Driver of the warthog.

Commander Keyes:Chief and (Y/n) and Arbiter, the Prophet of Truth has found "The Ark". Our only chance of stopping him is a suprise aerial assault. Clear this sector of Covenant Anti-Air Defense. Make a hole for the Admiral's ship. Good hunting everyone. Keyes out.

We emerge from the tunnel in a parking lot scattered with destroyed warthog chasis and Marine and Grunt corpse are everywhere. We roll to a halt as we walk out of our warthogs, and the Marine form a perimeter outside the locked door.

Sgt. Reynolds:Ready when you are, Chief and (Y/n) and Arbiter. Open the door and take point. We'll cover you guys with .50.

We open the door, Chief points hes gun on my left side and Thelya points her carbine to my right side and I point my (C/n) weapon infront a empty factory section and then into a next section with a Covenant. An M12 Warthog LRV and a sqaud of Marines followed us in and we even spotted a another Hologram of Prophet of Truth talking nonsense again.

Valkyrie:And.... done he wont speaking anymore. Unless he has a lot of holograms all over the place.

Sgt. Stacker:Chief amd (Y/n) and Arbiter, open the door and we can roll on through!

We set the doors openes and leading to a factory tunnel full of Brutes, Jackals, Grunts, and even a pair of Ghosts. Beyond that is another door that will lead to Lake Bed A and after that we cleanse the tunnel and the UNSC forces open the next door and revealing a massive expanse with cruising Ghosts and a heavy Covenant garrison.

Lord Hood:Kilo 23, this is UNSC Forward Unto Dawn. I need a sit-rep, Commander.

Commander Keyes:Atmospheric disturbances is intensifying above the Artifact, Lord Hood.

Lord Hood:Chief, (Y/n) and Arbiter?

Commander Keyes:Moving as fast as they can, Sir. I know they'll get it done.

Marine 3:Sir, Wraith at the far side of the Lake!

We cleared the Wraith in the nearby area.

Hocus:Hell yeah! Boom! The Fly Boys are gonna love us for that!

Sgt. JohnsonThat-a-way, Chief and (Y/n) and Miss Jiggly Tits~ Targets destroyed. Move to the next area, over.

We exit the Lake into the confines of the factory again, where a Brute Chieftain wielding a plasma turret and his Brutes, Jackals, and Grunts have a pair of Marines pinned down in the adjacent section.

Marine 2:They just keep coming!

Female Marine:Check your fire! It's Chief and (Y/n) and Arbiter! Flush 'em out and we'll nail them with the .50

After the Brute Chieftain and his troops were killed by us.

Marine 1:We've made a hole. Hurry, before any more Covenant show up!

A Marines are defending the warehouse and they open the door and we head through.

Female Marine:We're down to our last mags, sir. Thought those last ones had us.

Valkyrie:We've got a Phantom on the Overhead!

A Phantom hovering overhead above a glass roof and the Marine frightens a little we quickly move to the next section.

Valkyrie:(Y/n), I'm detecting alot of Life signs heading towards our position.

As the glass roof shatters a Horde of Drones came in descend.