Chapter 4 Battle of Mombasa

[Nobody's POV]

As the Three pelicans away from Amber Clad,jet engines thundering, and spear towards New Mombada the left pelican was Master Chief and the right pelican was (Y/n) with the ODST. The Assault Carrier Solemn Penance hovers high over the city, Gravity Lift engaged.

Cortana:The message just repeats. Regret, Regret, Regret...

Master Chief watches from the stern of pelican as the clouds roll by below and (Y/n) watches the Assault Carrier Beamed down and activating the gravity lift from below.

Commander Keyes:Catchy. Any idea what it means?

A convoy of warthogs and Scorpions are seen as the pelicans pass over them.

Valkyrie:Maybe it's some kind of name Leader or Culture to them?

Sgt. Johnson:Dear Humanity...We regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth...

Inside the cockpit of the pelican, Sgt. Johnson leans against the bulkhead behind the two pilots.

Sgt. Johnson:And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy-ass fleet!

Pilots:Oo-rah!

(Y/n) and Master chief facepalmed and sigh.

Cortana:Valkyrie is right it's a name Sergeant. The name of the one of the Covenant's religous leaders. A Prophet. He's on the carrier, and he's calling for help.

A Marine sniper-spotter team lies prone on a rooftop, and the pelicans fly over their postion.

Random Marine:Immediate: Grid kilo two-three is hot. Recommend missiom abort.

Pilot:Roger, recon. It's your call, Sarge.

Sgt. Johnson:We're going in. Get tactical Marines!

Cut to an interior shot of  the Pelican's troop bay. A Marine loads rounds into his Battle Rifle and cocks the weapon, while a sharpshooter examines a magazine before slotting it into his sniper rifle. A third Marine puts on a helmet,tapping it to make sure it's tight. (Y/n) stands silently,gazing at the streets below.

Lord Hood:Master Chief and (Y/n), get aboard that carrier, and secure the Prophet of Regret. This is the only place Earth the Covenant decided to land. That Prophet is going to tell us why

Pilot:Thirty seconds out. Stand by to...whoa.

(Y/n) walks inside the cockpit of the pelican he was on and he said.

(Y/n):Valkyrie tell me what am i seeing.

Valkyrie:That's a Scarab and it's extremely powerful and has one or two dorsally- mounted anti air cannons and the Legs can also crush the enemy forces on the ground and Highly Defensed.

(Y/n):Do you think i can hijack one?

Valkyrie:Maybe we'll see that later.

A huge Scarab Comes into veiw it's legs spearks a truck which explodes, then its main gun focuses and fires, destroying the lead pelican. The two other Pelicans veer off.

Pilot:Everyone Hang On!

As the Plasma Turrets on the Scarab's back trsck them. The leftward dropship, With Johnson andMaster Chief on board, catches a burst of plasma on it's right flank, flips inverted ,hits a building, and slides through a low brick wall, before blacking out the frame.

[Reader's POV]

As i saw Chief and Sgt. Johnson crashed from the building the Scarab's Plasma Turrets aim at us and the pilot evaded it and it hit the left winga making a trenmendous fast falling down.