Chapter 5 Metropolis

[Nobody's POV]

A Marine sitting on the ground, breathing erratically, watches as Master Chief and (Y/n) approach. Master Chief and (Y/n) steps over him to a standing female Marine.

Female Marine:It blew right through us. 50-cal,rockets... didn't do a thing.

A pelican drops a tank. Sgt. Johnson gets out, Madter Chief and (Y/n) and Marines walk over.

Sgt. Johnson:Where's the rest of your platoon?

Female marine:Wasted, Sarge.

Scared Marine:And we will be, too, sir, if we don't get the hell outta here!

Sgt. Johnson puts a hand on the Sacred Marine's shoulder.

Sgt. Johnson:You hit Marine?

Sacred marine:N-no, Sir.

Sgt. Johnson:Then listen up! Usually the good Lord works in mysterious ways. But not today! This here is sixty-six tons of straight up, H-E-spewing dee-vine intervention! If God is love,then you can call me Cupid!

Female Marine:What about thw scarab?

Sgt. Johnson:We've all run tge simulations, they're tough, but they ain't invincible. Stay with Master Chief and (Y/n), they'll know what to do.

Female Marine:Yes,sir Sergeant!

Cortana:Thanks for the tank.

Valkyrie:He never Gives us anything.

Sgt. Johnson climbs back on the pelican, and cocks its machine gun and smirks.

Sgt. Johnson:Oh i know what the ladies like.

He puts the cigar between his lips.

[Reader's POV]

Chief starts out next to the tank holding a Battle rifle and a Smg as a sidearm. There was also a Warthog next to me. We mount up i drive the warthog with the scared marine and Chief drive the tank and the passenger is the female marine. The bridge is strewn with tge wreckage of cars, trucks and buses. And the burning skyline with the Covenant CAS-class assault carrier jovering it is visible in the distance and a multiple of ghost partolling the bridge. As well as the Covenant Wraith.

(Y/n):Chief watch out There's a Wraith in the Far distance of the birdge.

Chief:I see that.

About halfway across, Banshees swoop in for an ambush from side to side ans three Phantoms fly by, deploying troops and Another Wraith tank. A lone Marine Staitioned on the bridge.

Random Marine:Sir, Reporting for duty!

(Y/n):Welcome aboard Soldier!

After the Marine mount on the other side of passenger seat of Master Chief's scorpion. At the other end of the bridge, a group of banshee's flies over the rooftop like a swarm of bee's scattered as we approach high speed at the second tunnel.

Valkyrie:That's quite a welcome party.

A pack of Ghost Skitter into view and open fire on us. They are soon joined by a pair of Wraith which come in from the nearby highway tunnel, as well as another pair of Banshees.

(Y/n):Chief 12 o'clock Wraiths and Banshee's!

Chief:Got it.

We cleared the highway we entered the highway's tunnel meeting little resistance until a barrier supposedly prevents us from taking our vehicle any further. A warthog pulls and joins our cause, while a Trio Jsckals stationed on the barrier fires down at us and we quickly covered ourselves with the wreckage cars.