Chapter 9 Sacred Icon

(A/n: Sorry for the picture of master chief and Male arbiter think of it of the Reader's armor and arbiter is sexier and a Female Enjoy the Chapter 9! Oh and i almost forgot. The reader was the First Enter the Installation 05, that's all And Peace out!)

[Nobody's POV]

On the High Charity or The Covenant  Holy City.

A large hallway with rows of Honor Guards Elite, Thelya 'Vadamee walks through and watches the Brute take the Honor Guard equipement from the Elites. Some Brutes fight each other for Choice Parts. As Thelya ascends the stairs leading to the Prophet's Inner Sanctum, a pair of former Honor Guard Elites pass by her, without their helmets and carrying Plasma Rifles instead if Energy Staves. Thelya walks a large doorway, past the new Honor Guard Brutes to where The Prophet of Truth and Prophet of Mercy speak with Rtas 'Vadumee and two of his SpecOps Elite.

Rtas:This is unprecedented... Unacceptable.

Prophet of Truth:A Hierarch is dead, Commander.

Rtas:His murderer was within our grasp. If you had not withdrawn our Phantoms-

Prophet of Truth:(slightly indignantly) Are you questioning my decision?

Rtas:No, Holy One! I only wish to express my concern that the Brutes-

Propeht of Truth holds up his hand for silence.

Prophet of Truth:Re-commissioning the guard was a radical step. But recent events have made it abundantly clear that the Elites can no longer gurantee our safety.

Rtas:I shall relay your... decision, to the Council.

Rtas 'Vadumee and his Elites leave. He nods to Thelya, she returns the nod and walk towsrds The Prophet of Truth speaks to the Arbiter.

Prophet of Truth:Politics (small sigh)... How tiresome. Do you know, Arbiter, the Elites have threatened to resign? To quit the High Council? Because of this... Exchange of hats?

Thelya:We have always been your Protectors.

Prophet of Truth:These are trying times, for all of us.

Prophet of Mercy:Even as the humans annihilation filled us with satisfaction, the loss of one of the Sacred Rings wracked our hearts with grief.

Prophet of Truth:Putting aside our sorrow, we renewed our faith in the prophecy that other rings would be found. And see how our faith has been rewared.

They turn to watch a great view of Delta Halo.

Prophet of Mercy:Halo! Its divine wind will rush through the stars, propelling all who sre worthy along the path to salvation.

Propeht of Truth:But how to start this process? For ages, we serched for one who might unlock the secrets of the rings. An Oracle. And with you help, we found it.

They turn towards 343 Guilty Spark, who seems to have suspended in a gravity beam.

Prophet of Mercy:With appropriate humility, we pilex the Oracle with questions. And it, with clarity and grace, has shown us... the key.

Prophet of Mercy triggers a hologram of thw Index.

Prophet of Truth:You will journey to the surface of the ring, and retrieve thus Sacred Icon. With it, we shall fulfill our promise.

Prophet of Mercy:Salvation for all!

Prophet of Truth:And begin The Great Journey.

After that Thelya was onboard on the Phantom and filled with brutes with her and Flies toward the surface.