Chapter 6 Gas Mine

[Nobody's POV]

Thelya is gaining her conscious back and opening her eye and saw two brutes carrying Thelya's on their shoulder and she saw Tartarus leading them.

Brute 1:How much further must we haft this "Female"? Any cell will do.

Brute 2:Why not toss her in with this lot?

They pass a cell containing three hungry jackls, which hiss and growl as they reach out through the bars at the Brutes passing by.

Brute 2:They could use the meat.

Brute 1:Them? What about us? My belly aches- and her flesh is smooth and seared, just the way i like it.

Tartarus:Quiet! You two whimper like Grunts fresh off the teat. She's not meant for the jails. The Hierarchs uave something special in mind.

Tartarus Smirks as well as The Brutes and their cargo move out onto a platform overlooking the Mausoleum of the Arbiter. They ride a Gravity Lift down to the walkway leading up to it and pass Dozens of Honor Guard Elites stading at attention, staves ready
They enter the Mausoleum, where the Prophets of Truth and Mercy wait. The Brites and Tartarus bow.

Tartarus:Noble Prophets of Truth and Mercy. I have brought the "Female" incompetent.

Propget of Truth:You may leave, Tartarus.

Tartarus looks up, suprised from what he said.

Tartarus:But...I thought--

Prophet of Truth:And take your Brutes with you.

Tartarus tries to question the Prophet of Truth but Hesitates, and then bow again.

Tartarus:Release the Prisoner.

The Brutes drop Thelya to her knees and rise, leaving the room. Thelya touches the Mark of Shame on her chest.

[Thelya's POV]

Thelya:'Those beast thought they could manage to mate me and become their slave, think again.'

Prophet of Truth:The Council decided to have you hung by your wntrails and your corpse paraded through the city. But Ultimately, the terms of your execution are up to me

Thelya:I am already dead.

Prophet of Truth:Indeed. Do you know where we are?

Thelya:The Mausoleum of the Arbiter.

Prophet of Truth:Quite so. Here rests the vanguardti last. of the Great Journey. Every Arbiter, from first to last. Each one created and consumed in times of extraordinary crisi.

Prophet of Mercy:The Taming of the Hunter, the Grunt Rebellion - were it not for the Arbiters, the Covenant would have broken long ago!

Thelya:Even on my knees, I do not belong in theu presence.

Propeht of Truth:Halo's destruction was your error, and you rightly bear the blame. But the council was...overzelous. We know you are no heretic. This is the true face of heresy, one who would subvert our faith and incite rebellion against High Council.

Prophet of Truth presses a buttom on his chau and a miniature hologran of an Elite in abnormal equipment appears.

Sesa 'Refumee:Our Propgets are false! Open your eyes, My Brothers and Sisters! They would use the faith of our forefathers to bring ruin to us all! The Great Journey is a-

Prophet of Truth cuts the hologram.

Thelya:'The Great Journey is a what? I'll find the answer soon.'