Chapter 26: Future

A/N: Just play the song right now. Don't judge meh I want to set the mood ♡

☆Your P.O.V.☆

I looked at Len and smiled. He was preoccupied, staring off into the fields. There were two children running around, laughing. Then, they rushed towards us.

"Mommy~ Big Brother is chasing me!" The little girl giggled.

"I'm going to get you!" The little boy growled playfully. I laughed. The girl ran past me and into Rin's arms. Rin twirled her around in the air, out of reach for her son.

"No fair Mom! That's cheating Clementine!"

"Sucks to suck Murcott!" I laughed. Len stood next to me and hugged me from behind. I looked down and stared at the engagement ring on my right ring finger.

~Flashback~

"What did you call me here for this late at night Len?" I yawned, walking into the park towards my boyfriend.

"Nothing much really, just wanting to take a stroll with you." I rolled my half-lidded eyes. It was in the middle of the night, (more like morning) and he had called me for a walk? It took effort to leave the house without my parents noticing.

We started walking around the park, holding hands. We've been dating for [number of years], and we've already graduated from University with successful careers.

Suddenly, Len let go of my hand and disappeared.

"Len? This isn't funny, where are you?" He was nowhere to be found, and it was dead quiet, until I heard footsteps.

"Geez, you gave me a- Eh?!" Someone grabbed my wrist, and it wasn't Len.

"H~e~y~ pretty~ What are you doing this late at night? We could do something fun somewhere else, or do you rather have it here?" I cringed and kicked the guy in the chest. He flinched and was triggered, trying to attack me by charging at me down low.

I dodged his attack and slammed my leg down his neck, knocking him out. There, Len stood with his mouth wide open, holding probably the largest bouquet of [Favourite flowers] I've ever seen.

"Sometimes I question why I like a girl that attacks men," he whispered, not so quiety.

"Hey!" I grumbled, dragging the unconscious man to a nearby bench and throwing him on it.

The park started to become luminated by these beautiful glass orb lanterns. The entire park was decorated with beautiful flowers and other decorations, making me wonder how long it took to set up.

"What's... This...?" I asked.

"[Y/N]... I've been meaning to tell you this...." Len dropped down to one knee and looked at me with loving eyes.

"I need to tie my shoelace!" He gasped, irking me. I punched his head, clearly embarrassed as he humiliated me and gave me false hopes.

"Gah! I was just kidding!" He cried, laughing.

He handed me the bouquet and smiled, telling me to search through it. I was confused so I did. I slowly took off the wrapping and ribbons, and untied the gorgeous bundle. Down to the last ribbon was a tiny velvet box.

I gasped bringing my hands to my mouth. Len took the tiny case and opened it, displaying a beautiful ring that sat in there. Tears started forming in the corners of my eyes.