30- Meeting Penelope Walsh

CHAPTER 30

                                                Meeting Penelope Walsh 

All night i slept, through the whole night without a single toss or turn or bad dream. No visions no Phoenix and no presence of my mother - not that i would have minded a visit from her. It was the first night id actually slept

That morning, well really midday, i awoke alittle sore from last nights events.Events id so gladly do over again. When i trudged down the steps in nothing but one of his over sized shirts after noticing he was no longer by my side i walked into the kitchen to find the biggest feast for breakfast/ Brunch. Coffee, Pancakes, Fruit, Waffles covered in syrup, eggs bacon , He even made English scones with jam and butter. The whole shebang.

He went all out  all for me, i had a silly grin plastered through the whole morning because of this guy. No guy had ever gone to this much trouble for me and I'm not just talking about the breakfast. I truly had a treasure in my hands a treasure i so blindly ignored from the beginning but now i saw clear as day. He was mine all mine. 

We sat ate- well he fed me more like it in an attempt to be cute- talked just like normal, so normal you wouldnt have guessed something as dramatic as yesterday had even happened. He was my perfect distraction.

But regrettably i had to return to reality. Id promised Raph i'd visit her today to spill the news she was dying to hear. While i left for the hospital he returned to work since he'd missed almost a week or so. So here i was walking down the smelly hospital hallway towards my best friend who had no clue what had actually happened to her just 2 nights ago. While i couldn't get the image of her pale lifeless body out my brain.

Stopping outside her door i took a deep breath preparing myself. Lifting my hand i lightly knock on the door. 

"Come in" her soft voice echoes from behind it i wrap my hand round the brass knob letting the breath go i slowly creak it open. Instantly her bored face came into view lighting up upon my arrival. " KARLA!" she exclaims i smile walking in. 

Compared to yesterday she looked vibrant glowing a huge contrast to her imagine in my head. Her eyes looked normal, her cheeks with a light rosy pink and her lips to match. she looked almost healthy again besides the faint bruises and cast on her leg. 

"Hey girl." i bent over giving her a light hug she squeezed back.

"Hey, how you feeling?" i asked sitting in the arm chair next to her bed setting my bag down beside me on the floor. 

"As good as new, but extremely bored i cant walk i cant get out of bed i feel like I'm going to go crazy in here, i just wish these damn doctors would listen and let me go. i feel fine" typical Raph full of energy  it brought a smile to my face. i guess it was best she didn't know. 

"Raph. you only got here yesterday."

"I know. A whole day has passed isn't that enough? I have a broken leg its not like I'm going to go home and start doing kart wheels or bungee jumping." she held up her hand in the air in exasperation letting them fall on her lap limply.

"You were mugged" i slightly cringe at the lie " You have internal damage and, it is you Raph who knows what you would do for all we know you just might go jump off a cliff tied to a rope."

"Hey," she pouts " Your supposed to be on my side."

Holding up my hands in defense i look her in the eye " I'm just looking out for you , i thought i nearly lost you, Raph, i- i just i don't know what id do i-i- cant-" tears brim my eyes even though id tried so hard not to let them rise.