She's Missing

CHAPTER 24

                                                     She's Missing

“Peter?” I frowned from behind leons arm which still held the door.

The first thing I notice about Peter was he was out of breath. He looked like he was tired and for Peter the was unusually compared to happy-go-lucky always smiling face. 

“I herd you were back in town” she breathed Leon let him inside sending me a confused look to which I shrugged at in response. We walked over to the couch Leon left and got a glass of water for him.

Peter positioned himself to face me he took both my hands in his if it weren’t for his down expression I would have thought he was about to confess his love for me. But he didn’t. He said something id never though id hear.

“She’s gone.” 

“who?”

He paused giving me the look similar to what the people at my grandmother’s funeral gave me everything in me prepared for the worst because with that look nothing good follows. 

“Raph!” 

for a moment I thought he was kidding but he didn’t flinch he didn’t punch my arm or call me gullible. “What?”

“A day or two after you’d left she went to class but. She never came home. She hasn’t been seen or heard from since everyone’s out there searching they’ve been searching for her for days”

my blood went cold my body stiffened I felt my stomach roll and my hear run into over drive. “w-what?” I repeated. It was all I could say due to the shock.

His thumb caressed my hand comfortingly “im so sorry Karla.”

I blinked and the tears started to fall. My best friend was missing. 

Id been on a vacation with my boyfriend having fun while she was missing alone and scared and…

“H-have you found anything?” I whispered.

He shook his head “not a single trace. The only thing they recovered was an stolen abandoned taxi it’s a possible trace but forensics are looking into it but who ever has kidnapped her or if she just left-“

“she would never just leave, its not her. If she was unhappy and wanted to leave shed tell me. She didn’t leave” I protested.

He nodded “who ever had taken her then has covered himself good.” My face fell even further “but we won’t stop until we find her. Everything will okay, okay”

silent tears fell down my face and I didn’t bother to wipe them he pulled me into his chest just asLeon arrived with a cold glass of water. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping id some how fell asleep while falling onto my bed and id wake up but everything was the same when I opened my eyes Leon was still sending me a sympathetic look. 

“Im so sorry Karla” he rubbed my back whispering into my hair. Pulling away he held my hand “we will find her” I nodded at him.

Gulping the glass down he thank Leon sending me one last sad smile he left.

“Karla” Leon sat in his spot stroking my cheek after wiping the tear streaks away.

“Ive got to go help them. I can’t sit here.” I went to get up but he pulled me down.

“Karla-” he tried again but I continued cutting him off.

“I can’t … I should have called her, I should have known. I had a bad feeling but I though it was just phoenix … oh my gosh what if he… she could be. He could be and oh my gosh no! I have to find her. Leon let me go I need to go help”

he held me firmly “Karla”

“she’s alone and scared and hurt, she could be even d-“

“KARLA” he held my face in his hand keeping my gaze with his. “Listen to me.”  

“Leon” I sighed “she’s gone.”

“they will find her” he said 

“I want to help”

he shook his head “if it is phoenix who has something to do with this, then I prefer that you don’t”

“but-”

“I know your hurting I know” he paused “but if this is phoenix I know what his intentions are, its not safe out there for you” 

he was true weather this was phoenix’s doing or not it wasn’t safe to be outside. 

“But she’s my best friend.”

“And shed want you to be safe she knows phoenix had a special interest in you.”

“Wait, how do you know she knows?”

He smiled sheepishly “I may have come by your place a few times and over herd”

“What do you mean?”

“I think its better you don’t know. Saves me the embarrassment but know I was doing to for your protection.”

“Were you stalking me?”

“Protecting you. The only stalker here is phoenix. I was protecting, not stalking protecting.”

“Back to subject. The best thing you could do in your circumstances is waiting for any news.”

I went to protest but he gave me the don’t argue look. Sighing I nodded if they couldn’t find anything id more then likely come up with the same. Id just end up getting myself killed. 

“I think im going to take a nap” I rubbed my temples 

“headache?” I nodded “want some Advil?” I shook my head.

“Ill just sleep it off.” He pressed his lips to mine lingering for a few seconds. 

“it will be okay.” He whispered “ill send Leslie out he might be able to track her. But knowing phoenix – if it’s him- hed cover her tracks just like his.”

“Thank you” I hugged him.

“Don’t thank me” he stroked my hair “im here for you, always”

pulling away he pecked me I got up and trudged up the stairs into my new room or his room. Our room. And got into the bed his smelled engulfed me setting my stiffened body into a relaxed mode and eventually I fell asleep the pounding of my head dulling away.

“Well well well well well.” A very familiar husky nasty voice greeted me through the blackness. “If it isn’t Miss Jones. Welcome back to New York.” 

                                                                                *************

im so so sorry for the lousy updates its been awhile sorry this is short. its in two parts. i jsut watched vampire diaries and got the inspiration to write. Gosh ian somerhalder. <33 and stephen ( dunno his real name) <3 <3 hooott. 

anyways umm my new jobs killing me , im sick with a cold so its hard to find time any more but im not gone. just alil later now im working. anyways its a quick update coz im so tired i wana sleep my cold off and i have work tomorrow. soo. 

hope its okay i shall update soon within the weekend or next week. 

song i wrote this chapter too.. thanks to vampire diaries i love it

Down by Jason Walker ft. Molly Reed. its instrumental is gonna be on the 2nd part. but the word one for this one coz i listed to the actual singing one first and the instrumental one ... im rambling 

dont forget to Vote , fan , add to reading list and like and whatever else ... :) hope i didnt loose anyone. 

Sorry again. 

much love 

<33