Dreams or Visions

Update!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for typos :)

_____________________________

“Hey, whoa what’s wrong?” I opened my eyes hearing Leon’s voice the breath I had unknowingly held in rushed out of my lungs his blue eyes held concern  as he searched mine “I just got back and you were crying and screaming?” 

“I “ I looked around just to make sure I wasn’t still just dreaming  thankfully I was back in my crowded office floor my small cozy desk a few feet away “ just a bad dream” I sighed relief washing over me knowing I was with Leon and not phoenix . “Im fine” 

he nodded removing his hands from my shoulders so I could stand properly wiping the tears from my eyes. I felt so pathetic crying in front of him over a bad dream. 

“Do you want to talk about it?” I looked up at him with disbelief that was the last thing I expected to hear him say. I was expecting more on the lines of ‘chop chop back to work’. I shook my head but smiled gratefully crossing my arms.

“well um I only have 3 more and then we are done here” his eyes never once leaving mine I could still see the concern in them “if you do change your mind let me know” I nodded he stepped back and walked to his office.

I fell back into my chair my head in my hands, if it was a dream then why did it feel so real. I know dreams can but this one wasn’t like that I mean I could feel every single thing the cold, the pain like I was actually there going through it all not just in my head . I even smelt his liquor in his breath it was that real. 

I got up like a curious cat I walked into the kitchen and looked over to the building looking at all 6 windows on the 6th floor. All that I saw was blackness in them not one movement not a soul just blackness. What if there was a girl in there? What if it wasn’t just a dream but more of a vision? I shook my head at the thought im not some psychic. 

“the files are on your desk!” Leon said from the door way I nodded without turning around “are you sure your okay?” his voice now right behind me asked softly 

“Im okay” I turned to face him he smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes it was more of an 
‘okay if you say so’ kind of smile. He knew I didn’t want to talk about it and so he didn’t push me to, thankfully.

I walked around him and over to my desk he followed going into his office. 

The rest of the half hour was spent in my work I filed the last of the files while Leon 
packed his stuff. The lift ride down was silent not as much awkward more comfortable 
stepping out into an empty lobby with only a security guard was weird im so used to the busyness with phones constantly going off and men and woman’s laughter. 

I wrapped my arms around myself to keep warm as we stepped out into the street. I stopped on the curb “hey thanks for the help!” Leon smiled from beside me 
yet another Leon shocker. He never thanked me but it felt nice to be appreciated for once. 
“It’s no problem” I smiled politely watching him leave to the underground parking lot.

once he was out of sight I ran across the street -more like my legs dragged me- to the abandoned building the front door was chained so I went round to the back luckily it wasn’t or I probably would’ve scaled the building unwillingly to my body’s order as it had a mind of its own right now as I pulled open the door it creaked adding to the scary atmosphere. I stepped into the dark building slowly I went up the stair wells to the sixth floor dodging spiders and beaten up furniture on the way.

I pushed open the door to the 6th floor hall entering cautiously. The walls were ripped wall paper on top and wooden panels on the bottom half. There were multiple leaks in the roof creating big water puddles on the red concrete floor.  All the doors were closed and each had numbers on them as if a radar with every door I passed a tingly sensation through my body increased till I cam to the every end left side door. Room F12.
There was a muffled noise on the other side as I approached it id seen and herd many rats through the building but this noise wasn’t a rat.

 I pressed my ear to the door but the sound had stopped. “Count of three” I whispered to myself
“one… two…” on three I pushed open the door hand up ready to spray at any danger.