Back to New York

CHAPTER 23

Back to New York.

Back to New York. Sigh. Back to feeling like im living in a cage being circled by a blood thirsty shark. Back to hell.

We'd bid a teary eyed - on my behalf- farewell to my family standing out-front Lyla didn't forget to warn me one last time I convinced her 10 times after our talk 5 times before bed and 5 times the next morning but even though I told her id be fine I had Leon.

But even I doubted myself I couldn't help the little bit of doubt deep inside I just had that feeling something was going to happen.
She obviously knew too but was keeping quiet, I wondered if she like me and mother had the ability to see into the past and future, was she a clairvoyant/ psychic but was keeping it from me.

If so. Why?

In the taxi to the airport I faught to stay awake with my head lent on his shoulder after a rough night of no sleep, and no it's not because of Leon but because of what id seen the last time I slept. The dream didn't stop replaying in my head even with leons touch it never dimmed from my mind. Not the gore not the screams.

Im getting a taste of the cursed side of my ability. As Lyla would say.

Sitting on the plane in my seat with Leon beside me I cringed at the thought. My eyes felt dry and droopy. I was so dead tired but I made myself stay awake.

My hand laced with his I jerked as he squeezed lightly averting my eyes from the puffy white clouds stretching endlessly on the sea of blue so peaceful so quiet, unlike my life I looked to him.

He smiled but I noticed the concern behind it but not because of my hand lying in my lap wrapped in white gauze. After he noticed my hand he acted like my mother would act he took off the bandage examined it himself obviously not trusting my judgment of it being fine and rewrapped it his way.
And after that hed ask me how it was I think a total of 25 times, till he got the hint.
I wanted to kick myself for being so stupid and hurting myself I never have a had a bad temper but seeing my vision imagining the pain and suffering made my blood boil. It pushed me over the edge and brought out this other side of me Id never seen.

"Are you sure you're okay?" his thumb ran over my knuckles tenderly almost relaxing me.

I nodded mastering up a small smile to assure him. "Peachy"

"Your lying. I already told you I know when you're lying" he frowns.

"Im not lying" I denied even though I knew that he knew that that was a lie.

He chuckles "Yes. Yes you are, you heart skips a little every time you lie"

I pull my hand from his crossing my arms looking forward at the back of the head in front of us glaring and pouting. It wasn't fair he could tell when I was lying and I couldn't tell when he was. And im also part vampire I should have that super hearing, but nooo I don't. It wasn't fair. It just wasn't.

"Please" he pulled on my arm pulling my hand free and forcefully linking it with his. As stubborn as a child I laugh in my head. "Please don't be mad with me, im just worried."

sighing I slunk back into my seat closing my eyes for a moment. "I know. Im just tired is all"

"I know you didn't sleep last night. Are you feeling sick?" he felt my forehead.

"No"

"then what's up? You can tell me"

"it's nothing"