The Night Of The Sacrifice (Part 2)

I felt the overwhelming urge to sob right there just remembering the pain the sadness I could only imagine what that would be like for Lyla I could imagine doing that with Kelis or Karla or even Ted. Even if they aren’t blood.

Just knowing how much hurt and pain Lyla went through and what she did for me, for my mom made me feel like the biggest for a lack of a better word, like a bitch. 

                                                     CHAPTER 22:2

                                      The night of the sacrifice Part 2

“My ability I saw my mother the night she came to you I saw her give me to you.” I shuddered at the memories of the dream.

“Oh dear, im sorry” she placed her hand on mine “your ability you must understand is a gift and also a curse.” I nodded

“She didn’t want to part from you; you must understand that she did this for you. I promised her you’d live a normal life” her face fell even more in remembrance “that’s why I never told you. And I kept my promise that is until now” her hands fiddled with her wedding ring while she looked down.

“-I just want you to understand that. I don’t want you to hate her for leaving you”

“I don’t... I hate that she’s dead but I don’t hate her I couldn’t -”

“even if you did I would change your mind” she cut me off

rolling my eyes I replied “of course you would have,” with a chuckle

 “But I am sorry ive been giving you the cold shoulder when I should be gratefully you took me in, I know I coulve died too that night and what my mother did for me was selfless and brave.”

“Karla sweetie. You do not have to apologize for your actions I completely understand I prepared myself for 22 years for this. I completely understand im just glad that you’re safe. And that your still here.”

“You raised me like a mother. You practically are my mother. Why would I leave?”

“Because we never told you. It’s not such a light secret to keep” regret dawned her face. “ I thought about telling you so many times but that would have broken my promise to your mother and” she pauses taking a deep breath a smile forming on her face not a big one but still a smile.

“You were so happy; you were living a normal life like she wanted. I couldn’t   tell you and ruin what happiness you had.”

“- then Leon showed up he was the last person I expected for you to bring home. It was fate I guess that he found you or you more so found him and I guess he figured it out and I couldn’t hide it anymore.”

“That’s why you two looked like you’d seen ghosts” I laughed

“Yes. Well it was pretty much like id seen a ghost I hadn’t spoke or seen Leon since the day we left with you from our old home.”

“ I just thought you were like kelis and under his charm”

she chuckled shaking her head slipping off her hat “ he’s always been the charmer, Leon. Ill admit when we first met I was much like your mother charmed by him like most women do.”

“Did she and him?”

“Oh no. everyone thought so but no your mother and Leon were best friends and nothing more.” After sipping her glass she looked up with a little laugh “ if anything more like brother and sister they were always bickering and pushing each others buttons”