thirty eight.

"Come on guys." I grabbed my keys and waited downstairs. It was everyone's first day. Amaya's, Quenton's, Samuel's, and Qua's. He was going to remodel the building so it'd be ready for his business soon.

"Mama, the Jordan's or Giuseppe's?" Sam said at he top of the stairs with two shoes in his hands.

"Giuseppe's. Gotta let them lil girls know you stackin lil bro." Quenton came down the stairs with his tan MCM backpack. Ooh lawd. He boutta think he the stuff.

"Mama look!" Amaya came down the stairs and started cheesing. Her tooth Qua had knocked out was quickly growing back.

"Mhm, mama baby growing up." I kissed her forehead. She smiled and wiggles her tooth on the bottom row. She's too cute.

"Mkay guys. Grab a cinnamon roll and meet me in the car." I pointed to the stove then walked up the stairs. Quavo was putting on a striped button down. He looked very spiffy.

"Which tie?" He held up a solid pink tie and a navy blue tie with small boats on them.

"Pink honey. Real men wear pink." I kissed his cheek and wrapped the tie around his neck, rubbing his shoulders while we looked at each other in the mirror. "Are you gonna be here when I get back?"

"Yeah, meeting is at ten. Remodeling starts at twelve. Are you picking the kids up or me?" He turned and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I will. But let me hurry up and get them to school. Can't have them late on the first day." I looked at my watch. It was almost seven o'clock. "I'll see you soon." I pecked his lips and walked downstairs and out the door.

The kids were piled in the black truck. "Mkay, Quenton, Sam, then Amaya. Somethin new." I said while driving to Quenton's school. We got out and Sam took a picture of us in front of the school doors. "Bye baby. Have a good day." He kissed my cheek and walked inside. He was a mama's boy.

I got back in the car and did the same thing with Sam and Amaya. I drove back to the house and Quavo was on the couch, talking on the phone. "Alright. No it's all good. Tomorrow for sure." He hung up and looked at me. "Meeting got cancelled cause Matt is at a funeral." He took his tie and belt off.

"Well, at least you have more time to get ya terminology right and think of more topics to bring up." I sat on the couch next to him. He put his head in my lap and stared at the tv.

"I really lucked up with you Ayanna." He admitted while I ran my fingers through his long dreads. "I would've never thought my life would've ended up like this. Having my own business, being a billionaire with three kids, having a wonderful wife like you. You're really the shit. I don't know what I'd do without you." He kissed my thigh then sat up.

I smiled and kissed his lips. "And you're a marvelous husband. I love you and I'm glad your dream is finally coming true."

"I really wouldn't have done it without you. Like just imagine, if I was still messing with those hoodrats, I probably would've still been in the streets, slangin rocks and shit. But nah. I got me a classy lil jawn who pushed me to my dreams and helped me get my life on track. I really appreciate you for that." He lifted me up off the couch and carried me upstairs. He sat me on the bed and kneeled beside it.

"I know we already married, but I got you another ring because that other one startin to look old." He pulled a box out of his left pocket and opened it. The ring was truly stunning. Had to be about 25 karats but that didn't matter. It was gorgeous.

I grinned as he removed my old ring and slid the new one on my left ring finger. "Damn. That look real good." He kissed my hand then stood up. "Now lay back so I can please you." He crawled on the bed on top of me. I bit my lip. I already knew what he wanted to do.

"Mkay baby boy."

~

"Oh shoot. I'm gonna be late for bible study." I stood up and pulled my sweats up. Qua had went and got the kids a few hours ago. They were all downstairs getting Qua to sign all their papers they needed.

I slipped on a pair of jeans and a white shirt then ran down the stairs. "Hey, I'm about to go to bible study. You guys coming today?"

"Maybe next week mom. I got homework." Quenton said from the couch. He had his face buried in a book.

"Wow already?" I widened my eyes when I saw all my children doing something school related. Dang. Calabasas ain't playin this year.

"Lemme holla at ya." Quavo used his fingers to motion me towards him. I walked to him and smiled. "What's up?"

"Nothing. Just wanted to admire my beautiful wife." He smiled and looked me up and down. "So simple yet so gorgeous. Wow." He put his hand over his mouth and looked at me.

"Bye." I laughed and kissed his cheek. I picked up an apple from the bowl by the coffee machine and bit into it.

"Oh, don't forget your vest." Qua said while signing the papers with a black pen. His signature was very neat.

"What vest?" I asked. I had a number of vests in my closet but I didn't really feel like wearing them.

"Bulletproof vest." He said. I giggled until I realized he was serious.

"Qua, nothing has happened to me in a while, so nothing will happen." I kissed his cheek before rubbing his tense shoulders. "And I'm gonna be at church. I doubt that something will happen to me at the holiest place in California."

He sighed and sat the pen down, rubbing his face. "Please. I just have a gut feeling.."

I sighed. "You're just upset about the meeting baby. I'll be fine." I took another bite of my fruit and walked towards the door. "I'll be back in an hour. Two hours." I held up the peace sign and walked out the door. My stomach started to feel strange, like something was gonna happen. I went back to the door and put my hand on the knob, then shook my head and got inside my truck.

"Nothing can go wrong at church. I know God got me." I said to myself while I pulled out of the driveway.

----
uh oh!! but yall should follow ya girl on instagram and twitter bc im really chill and i wanna connect with my readers! my ig is lulyannaa_ and my twitter is officialyannaaa 😛