seven.

"Good job baby!" I hugged Sam after he got off the field with his team. They won. 4-2. That's my baby.

"Mama stop." He gently pushed me off of him. I looked up and saw some little girl waving at him.

"Gone head spit ya game. We'll be in the car." Quavo said while interlocking his fingers in mine and leading us to the truck.

"Ooh is that yo girlfriend?" Amaya yelled. Sam looked at us then at the girl.

"She ight for a white girl." Quenton said. I shrugged. White people never attracted me, so I didn't have a say on it. We all got in the car and waited for Sam.

"So Amaya you got practice tomorrow?"

"No it's a game." She looked down at her pink DS. She was very nonchalant with Quavo.

"I got a game Friday. Us against Chino Hills." Quenton said. Quavo nodded.

"You want me to come?" He asked Amaya. She shrugged. "I don't care."

I almost felt bad for him but he hasn't been in their lives like I have, so he won't get the same treatment as me. At least he's trying though.

"My bad." Sam got in the car. He smelled like sweat and grass. "Lil shawty was all on a nigga."

"Looked like you was all on her too." Quenton said. They all started laughing. I pulled out of the parking lot and turned the radio on. Bad and Boujee was on. I remember when they first recorded this. I laughed and glanced back at the kids. They were singing along.

"What y'all know bout this?" I asked while turning the music up. They were all rapping the song until it went off and some new song came on.

"Aye you remember Jack?"

"Webster?" Travis Scott. He helped direct a lot of Migos videos.

"Yeah, dude havin a barbecue Saturday. You tryna go?"

"Aren't you gonna be on tour?"

"Ima be at the Staples. I was tryna stop by there for a few hours. You know. Only if you tryna go.." He looked at me while I pulled into the garage.

"And what about the kids?"

"Aw yeah mama can I go to Dwayne house?" Sam asked.

"Oh and can I go to Quadre's?"

"I wanna stay here with you mama." Amaya hugged my legs once I got out the car.

"We'll see." I looked at the boys then kissed Amaya's head.

"But now, Amaya needa shower first." She pouted then went inside the house.

"Let em go." Quavo said while wrapping his arm around my shoulder. "I am." I moved his arm and walked upstairs. The bed still didn't have anything on it. I sighed and went to the hall closet, pulling sheets and a cover out.

"Lemme help you." Quavo took the cover out of my hand. I took it back and started to make the bed. "Why you actin like that?"

"Why you actin like you care?"

"Ayanna." He sighed and leaned against the brown dresser. "I'm just tryna fix us. Ight? Forget all the things I said. Focus on now. Focus on us."

I rolled my eyes and laid on the bed. "I'm just tired of you saying shit but doing the opposite. Like damn." I put my hands on my legs. He sat beside me and put his hand on mine.

"I'm trying okay? I'm finna go make the kids somethin to eat. Take a bath. Relax ight?"

I rolled my eyes. He kissed my nose then got out of the bed and walked out the door. I grabbed my pajamas I had on yesterday and ran the bath water. It was scorching hot, just how I like it.

I turned the light off and lit the candle that was on the sink. I sat back and sighed. Baths usually relax me but it wasn't working this time. I was too tense and had too much on my mind.
I felt another pair of legs. I looked up and saw Quavo, fully naked.

"It's hotter than a bitch in here." He lifted his feet then got out the tub. "How you sit in there?"

"Easily. And don't put no cold water in here." He smacked his teeth then got back in the water. He leaned against the other side of the bath and stared at me.

"Come here."

"No." I popped my lips.

"Man please." I rolled my eyes. He grabbed my arm and pulled me on top of him. "Man chill out. You finna mop." I said after some of the water splashed out of the tub.

"Whatever. Lemme get a kiss." He puckered up his lips. I mushed his face. "Yo lips dry."

"Make em wet then."