eight.

I kissed his lips then smiled. "Do you really want a divorce?" I asked him while he traced shapes on my back.

"No. I was just mad. Marriage counseling might do some wonders for us though." He looked up at me.

"I guess. You gon schedule it for us?" I rubbed the hair on his chest. He was hairy everywhere. Except in his southern region. He keeps it hair free, just for me.

"I can." He shrugged and rubbed my back. I laid my head on his chest. We're getting back to how we used to be, I think. But it's been a day. I'm not gonna let a day change anything. A year maybe. Not a day.

He kissed my forehead then got out the tub. I got out after him and wrapped my body into the striped towel. I walked out of the bathroom and onto the bed.

"Let's have a barbecue." He laid beside me. I shrugged while playing with his dreads.

"What about Jack's?"

"Fuck em." He put his hand on my head. "It's gon be the Huncho barbecue. Yeahhh. Datway."

"The only way. Uglyass." I laughed. He always says 'datway' like that's a word or something.

"You right, it is the only way." He laughed. I chuckled and laid on his chest. Hopefully Thursday goes as good as today. I like this Quavo. He's the Qua I married.

Quavo

Ayanna fell asleep on my chest. I woke up the next morning at like 6 something because Amaya was downstairs screaming.

"Damn." I muttered while getting out of bed. They wake up too damn early man.

I went downstairs. Amaya and Sam were already dressed and eating. She was yelling over the cereal. Sam had Lucky Charms and she had Cheerios.

"Just give her spoiled ass the Lucky Charms." I rubbed my face. It's too early for my ass to be up. "I'll take you to get a smoothie before school. Just give her the shit."

Amaya looked at me then at the bowl Sam gave her. I ate her Cheerios while she ate his cereal.

"You takin us to school?" Amaya asked with marshmallows in her mouth.

"Yeah, that's coo witchu?"

"I don't care." She shrugged. She looked just like her mama, just my lips. Everything else was Ayanna's.

I went back upstairs once I finished eating. Ayanna had a full outfit on.

"Where you finna go?" I asked while adjusting my basketball shorts.

"Take the kids to school, duh." She said while putting her hair into two braids. They went down to the top of her bra.

"I'll take em." I looked her up and down. She had on a dressy black shirt and some tight jeans. Well they probably weren't tight, but they made her ass look juicy and fat. So tight to me.

"Gon head then." She grabbed her purse and went downstairs. Her heels clacked against all the stairs.

"Where you goin mane?" I stood at the top of the staircase.

"Rihanna's baby shower. Gotta set that thang up. I told you this." She looked down at her watch then at me. "Get my kids to school on time. Please and thank you." She walked towards the garage after kissing Sam and Amaya on their heads. She kissed Quenton's cheek. He mean mugged her while she walked into the garage.

"When you gon divorce her pops?" I chuckled. He think he grown.

"Never. That's my rida." I smiled and slipped on some slides that were by the door. I led them to my truck that was out front. I drove to Smoothie King to get Sam a smoothie then dropped them off one by one. Amaya first, then Sam, then Quenton.

I drove back to the house and flopped on the couch. I am never waking up that early again.