thirty two.

next day

I stayed at the hospital overnight. Everybody kept taking pictures of me and shit but I couldn't care less. I was just waiting to see how my wife was doing.

"We finna go to the house and get them cleaned up. Want somethin?" Set asked me. I shook my head. The only thing I wanted was my wife and to know her well being. I just feel bad because every time she's in the hospital, it's because of me or something related to me. Her pregnancies, her shoulder accident. And now. It makes me feel like I'm a bad luck charm. Which is why I have to divorce her before anything fatal happens. I'd rather let her go and see her safe and happy than keep her and have people from our past keep trying to harm her.

"Nah, gon head. Just make sure they all shower and eat and stuff. Ooh and make sure Amaya put on deodorant! Her lil arms be funky. But yeah that's it. Don't want Ayanna to talk all that shit when she get up." He chuckled and walked out the hospital. I let out a long sigh and closed my eyes.

"Family of Ayanna Marshall?" I heard about an hour later. My eyes immediately shot open. I blinked a few times before walking over to the lady in scrubs with a white coat over them.

"Yeah, wassup?" I asked. The doctor looked me up and down before smiling. "She did really well. She's on anesthesia but she's ready for visitors if you wanna visit."

I nodded and she led me to the room. Room 103. I peeked inside and saw Ayanna laying down. She had tubes connected to her body again. Two hospital visits in a month. My poor baby always in here because of me. Damn. They need to just take me instead of her, shit.

"Hey." I said quietly. It only came out quiet because I was about to start crying. I squeezed my thumbs, something I do to stop myself from being a soft ass nigga.

"Hey." She smiled. I love her. She always smiles, no matter the situation. Optimistic ass. "Where's the kids?" She asked. I sat in the chair by her bed.

"Went to go get freshened up. I didn't wanna bring no dirty kids in here. You would've snapped on a nigga." I laughed.

"You brought yo dirty ass in though." She laughed. I rolled my eyes then got up and kissed her. "Ooh we both needa brush our teeth." I said and she giggled.

"You don't have no reason for yo breath to smell like that." She made a face then laughed. She's so beautiful. I love her.

I was just about to tell her what I wanted until I heard, "Mommy!"

Amaya came in the room running. I swear her lil ass always running. That's why her teeth got knocked out.

"Hey mama stinka." She kissed Amaya's forehead after she got on the bed. Quenton and Sam came in after her. And Set and Takeoff came in after them.

"Wassup lil cousin." Set dapped her up. I ran my hand over my face. I hated seeing her like this. She acts like everything is fine when it isn't. That's good but I don't like it.

"They said they'll let you out tomorrow when we talked to the doctor ma." Quenton said while leaning over her feet. She laughed before nodding. Goofy ass.

"Mama, you always on the hospital. Why don't you ever be careful?" Amaya asked causing us all to laugh. She's always talkin, sayin stupid shit.

"Alright. I'll start to be more careful." Ayanna said while pushing Amaya off of her cords.

"Can we do something together tomorrow mama? Just me and you?" Sam asked. She nodded then smiled.

"Come give mama a kiss." She gestured to the two teen boys. They both kissed her on opposite cheeks.

"Girl, I'm finna beat Latoya ass!" I saw Andrea come in with her ratchet ass. She had on a bonnet and one of them long dresses with cheetah and zebra prints on it. I swear, after college she got dumb and crazy. "Bitch doin too much. What room she in?"

"She pregnant with twins." Takeoff said while sitting in the chair I was sitting in when I first got in here. "Okay? I won't hit her stomach. I'll just jaw the bitch."

"Chill out." Dolph came in behind her. He had a box, teddy bear, and a balloon in his hand. "Here." He handed it to Ayanna. She thanked him before opening it. It was a box full of chocolate and a card with a crisp Benjamin Franklin in it.

"Don't even worry about her. She'll get what's coming to her." She smiled while folding the dollar bill up and putting it in her box of chocolate. Amaya took a piece of the circular chocolate out of the box.

"You finna get a whoopin." Ayanna said while pointing at her.

"But you in the hospital mama." She pouted.

"I'm finna whoop you with this cord if you don't put my chocolate back Amaya." She placed the chocolate back in the box and got off the bed. "I'm not your friend anymore."

I laughed and leaned over the bed beside Sam. They looked a lot alike too. But he was my skin color. And he had my forehead. Poor nigga.

"Hey, sorry to interrupt." The doctor said while coming into the room. "We're about to do the final tests. So if you guys would get your final words in soon, that'd be greatly appreciated." She left out the room. Everyone said their final words and left out. I leaned over her side and looked down at all the cords.

"What Qua?" Her eyes widened, something they do when she's worried. I sighed and closed my eyes.

"I want a divorce." I took the ring off my finger and placed it in the box of chocolate before walking out. She yelled my name I didn't look back because I knew we'd both be emotional and that would lead her to asking me why, and I just didn't want to explain it to her.