No Going Back

“Say farewell to the dark of night

I see the coming of the sun

 I feel like a little child

Whose life has just begun

 You came and breathed new life

 Into this lonely heart of mine

 You threw out the life line

Just in the Nick of Time.”

- Back At One,  BRIAN MCKNIGHT

_________________________

 “Did you think I was kidding?” Jonah dipped the wash cloth in the bowl of warm water then wrung it out. Noble gazed silently at his handsome face, everything about the man had him mesmerized. Where did you come from? The question danced through his head as he recalled how such a short time ago he’d been set on a different path that would have led him so far away from this right here. And then suddenly, Jonah was there, disrupting his plans, his life, his beliefs, tearing everything down to its foundations. Oh but he was doing a beautiful job at building it all back up, so much stronger than before.

“I guess I should learn to take you at your word.” Noble murmured, smiling softly. His breath hitched when Jonah touched the warm wet cloth to his stomach and began to gently wash away the evidence of their recent love making. Even if they hadn’t went all the way, Noble understood that everything they did together was love making.

Jonah nodded and rinsed out the cloth then carefully wiped away the deposits that clung to Noble’s bandage. “You should, definitely.” He washed the bandage a bit more. “Sorry about that, didn’t mean to soil your bandages.”

“No real harm done.” Noble covered his hand with his own, and Jonah paused, the cloth pressed against Noble’s chest. “It was worth it anyway.”

An extended whimpering moan sifted out of Jonah and he leaned down, kissing Noble’s lips. “Please tell me you’re a fast healer.” He dropped his head to Noble’s chest and whimpered again. “If you take too long to get better, you make have a crazy man on your hands.”

Chuckling low, Noble murmured, “I think I already do.”

“True.” Jonah groaned and exhaled an agonized laugh. “So you’ll have a crazier man on your hands.”

Noble combed his fingers slowly through Jonah’s soft black hair, the ebony strands lifting and falling gently, then kissed his head. “I’ll heal as fast as I can, baby.” He whispered. “I promise.”

Lifting his head, a real agony reflected back from Jonah’s violet eyes. “I’ll do everything in my power to help you as well. You won’t have to lift a finger. You just lay here and get better, I’ll take care of all your needs.”

Noble smiled. “All of them?”

“All.” Jonah confirmed and kissed him once more. “But we should take it easy. The less exertion you put forth, the more quickly you will heal. And once you’re as good as new…we’ll make up for time lost.”

How will we make up for it?” Noble rubbed his hands up Jonah’s arms. The man’s pants were back on, but his torso remained bare.

“You’re really not helping, you know.” Jonah chuckled then leaned down and rested on his elbows on either side of his chest and kissed him slowly, thoroughly, moaning as Noble’s tongue slipped into his mouth, wrapped around his tongue and sucked sensually.