Come A Little Bit Closer

Just leave with me now, Say the word and we'll go.
I'll be your teacher. I'll show you the ropes.
You'll see a side of love you've never known.
I can see it going down, going down.

In my head, I see you all over me.
In my head, you fulfill my fantasy.
In my head, you'll be screaming out.
In my head, it's going down.”

- In My Head, JASON DERULO

___________________________

  Jonah took them out of the city and found an out of the way spot where they parked under the open sky with only the stars and trees to watch them. Noble listened to the tic of the engine as they sat in silence for a moment. He wasn’t sure what would happen between them tonight, or what he even wanted to happen. His want to be with Jonah – in every way – was genuine. But what if his mind couldn’t handle a step quite that big, this soon?

“Do you want to get out?” Jonah asked quietly and reached across, taking Noble’s hand. “Breathe in some night air?” He kissed his hand and smiled. There was nothing suggestive in the smile, just tenderness and warmth.

“Yeah.” Noble whispered.

Out in front of the car was a small pool, the surface shimmering in the moonlight. Jonah took his hand and led him to the edge of the water, then wrapped his arms around him from behind, kissing the back of his neck. “Nice, isn’t it?”

Noble nodded slowly and covered Jonah’s hands. “How did you know about this place?”

A soft chuckle rumbled Jonah’s chest and he kissed his neck. “Are you really asking me if I’ve brought other men here?”

Noble hesitated; was that what he wanted to know? If so, he wasn’t going to admit it. “No, I didn’t mean…”

Jonah laughed softly and hugged him tighter. “Well, to answer the question you weren’t asking…no, I haven’t brought other men here.” He rubbed his lips across Noble’s ear. “The truth is…I haven’t even been out with anyone in a very long time. And the last time was just one date and that was it. The guy was all right, but there were no sparks, no…nothing.” He smiled and murmured, “And before you don’t ask…no, I didn’t sleep with him. I know it’s old fashioned and probably quite out of date these days, but…” He leaned around and kissed Noble’s cheek. “I really prefer to be in love with the guy I take to my bed.”

Noble couldn’t stop the fierce pounding of his heart. The thought of being in Jonah’s bed, naked beneath the sheets with him…He closed his eyes tight as his body responded to that image. Jonah’s chest rose and fell, swelling and deflating against his back as the man’s breath quickened a bit, no doubt envisioning the same thing as him. He swallowed thick when he felt Jonah harden a little as he pressed close to his body.

“I don’t…think that’s old fashioned.” Noble whispered thickly. “I think it’s…a rare quality that one doesn’t find very often these days.”

Jonah touched his lips to his shoulder and lingered. “Can I ask you something?” he murmured. Noble nodded. “I don’t know, it may be a stupid question…or not. But…were you ever tempted by Rebecca? Tempted to make love to her?”

Though he didn’t have to stop and think about the answer, neither did he reply immediately. He’d convinced himself that his lack of temptation was due to his dedication to his relationship with God, as well as his respect for Rebecca. He wouldn’t even consider that he just wasn’t attracted to her that way.

“You don’t have to answer.” Jonah said softly and kissed his shoulder. “It isn’t any of my business, and doesn’t concern us.”

“No.” Noble murmured. “I wasn’t tempted. I thought…” he smiled and shrugged, “I thought it was because I was such a devoted Christian. Guess I was just fooling myself.”