Kiss Of Life

So Incredible...

The way things work themselves out

And all emotional,

Once you know what it's all about, babe...

And undesirable... for us to be apart

Never would've made it very far

'Cause you know that you've got the keys to my heart,”

- Back At One,BRIAN MCKNIGHT

* * * *

In every flood, in every flame

Nothing I fear, can stand in Your way

You, You, You are my rescue

Wherever I am, whenever I fall

You lift me up, You Never let go

You, You, You are my rescue.”

- You Are My Rescue,  ROYAL TAILOR

__________________________________

For that one moment – the world fell away. He was suspended in mid air, floating above the earth. Why this kiss was different from the many Jonah had administered in the bathroom, Noble didn't know. Perhaps because it wasn't stolen in secret, but boldly taken for all to see. And within it – a sense of ownership. The man stepping out into the light and claiming what was his – and to hell with anyone who didn't agree.

Noble couldn't move, couldn't even consider if it was something he wanted to resist out in the open. A hazy film coated his mind and somewhere amidst it, he felt his fingertips hook in the waistband of Jonah's pants, mostly just to steady himself.

The kiss seemed to go on for hours, though it surely couldn't have been more than seconds, possibly a minute or two, before Jonah's lips eased out of it but lingered against Noble's mouth. “Should I run like hell?” Jonah whispered, a twitch to his lips.

“I think you should.” Noble bit his lower lip, fighting an all out grin.

“And you?”

“I'll be okay.” he whispered, his eyes darting discreetly towards Rebecca who was – momentarily – shocked to silence. “Run for your life.”

Clearing his throat, Jonah stepped back, releasing a breath and licking his lips. “Well, I'll be going.” he said, backing towards the door, a triumphant smirk quirking the corners of his mouth. “And let you all get back to your little...exorcism.” he cast Noble a wink then slipped out the door.

Noble absently rubbed his lips together then licked them slowly, the sensation of Jonah's kiss leaving them tingling and sensitive. Unfortunately, he could feel the effects in his nether regions as well. The way Jonah had kissed him just then – so brass and bold – it had been the sexiest, most erotic thing ever. Even the prospect of facing Rebecca's fury couldn't quell the thrill of that moment.

To his own shock, Rebecca didn't say a word, but simply walked out. Noble rubbed the back of his neck anxiously as all eyes rested on him. He knew what was expected of him – to run after Rebecca, grovel for her forgiveness, attempt to explain away what just happened. But he didn't move. Couldn't move. To try and pretend that things could be fixed between him and Rebecca would be doing her more wrong than just admitting the truth. He had no clue where to go from here – where Jonah was concerned – but he did know he couldn't make as if he didn't want the man.