What Do You Want From Me

You cast a spell on me, spell on me
You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me
And I decided you look well on me, well on me
So let's go somewhere no one else can see, you and me

The sun goes down, the stars come out
And all that counts, is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came, I'm glad you came.”

- Glad You Came, THE WANTED

_______________________________

Where is he going?

The trees were growing more dense, the canopy of evergreen limbs beginning to block out the sun, shadowing the forest floor. Noble had lost sight of Jonah a few minutes ago, but he could still pinpoint his general location by the occasional snapping of a twig, or rustle of brush.

What are you doing following him this far into the trees? Why would he even go in here?

Noble slowed then stopped. He glanced behind him, but could only make out tiny glimpses of the church building. A few more yards in, and it would disappear from sight altogether.

Should he go back? Would Rebecca be looking for him? Would she grill him about where he'd been?

I don't care.

The blunt thought caught him by surprise. I don't care if she asks. I don't care if she knows.

He turned back towards the trees. Silence hung off the lush limbs, settled down on the needle padded forest floor. His ears developed a low ringing as he strained to hear Jonah's movements. But there was nothing.

“Jonah-” he started to call out when a hand suddenly slid over his mouth from behind. His breath caught sharp as a strong body pressed up close behind him and warm lips brushed his ear.

“Shhhh.” Jonah breathed out on a bare whisper. “Someone might hear.”

Noble's heart rate spiked through the roof. Air stuck in his throat, hitching, jerking, puffing forcefully against Jonah's palm.

“I knew you would follow me.” The words floated on the still air, barely audible, his lips warm as they tugged gently at Noble's earlobe, causing a shudder to rush down through his body, leaving a fire trail in its wake.

A whimper ascended Noble's throat when Jonah dropped a firm kiss on his neck just below his ear. His hand slowly moved off Noble's mouth, slid down over his chin and gripped his throat gently. Jonah's lips touched his ear again. “Do what you came here to do.”

Noble swallowed with effort, his Adam's apple rubbing against Jonah's palm. He could barely breathe for the racing of his heart. His throat worked against Jonah's hand as he struggled to form the words that now escaped him. Why had he followed Jonah into the woods?

To apologize.

Apologize – for what had happened in the bathroom.

“I...I just wanted to...” His words strained as Jonah squeezed his throat ever so slightly. His hard body was snug against Noble's, his need undeniable. A low burning ache ignited in Noble's crotch. He waited for the voice to scream through his mind to resist it, fight it at all costs. But all was silent. “I wanted to...apologize...” Noble managed to squeeze out.

“No.” Jonah's mouth was hot against his ear. “I said – do what you came here to do.”

Noble frowned. What was he talking about? “I don't-” he started when Jonah turned him to face him.