No Will To Resist

I'm testin' my resistance
And it's wearin' mighty thin
I've got the feelin' I should leave
Before the roof caves in
My mind tells me to move along
But my body begs me stay
And now I feel the need to hold you close
And love the night away.”

- Every Which Way But Loose,EDDIE RABBIT

___________________________________

“What are you still doing here?” The box had touched down on the counter top a few minutes ago, and yet Noble remained in Jonah's kitchen. The shower was still running, he had time left to get out. He struggled to resist the images battling inside his head as he listened to the running water on the second floor. His pulse was still racing, hadn't slowed even a single notch since Jonah had come up behind him on the porch.

'Guess Who?' Warm hands covering his eyes. Soft lips on his ear.

What was he trying to prove by staying? That he was strong enough to resist his attraction to Jonah? That he wasn't really attracted to the guy at all?

That's why you about had a meltdown just staring at his ass?

“Get out of here, man.” Noble groaned. “There's no way you're ready to face him alone. And you know it.” Still, the most he got out of his feet was a slight, anxious shift. He had called last night to apologize. Just get it out of the way, once and for all. He would stay just long enough to explain the phone call – so the man didn't get the wrong idea about why he had called.

He ignored the tiny voice laughing at him somewhere deep in the back of his mind – whether God or the devil, it was anyone's guess – and searched out a cup and filled it with coffee. He leaned against the counter at the farthest point in the kitchen from the doorway.

Feel safe way over here? Think if you see him coming, you can strategically out maneuver him?

Annoyance needled him; he was really beginning to hate that sarcastic, smart ass little voice.

........................

What was Noble really doing here?

That was the question swimming around inside Jonah's head as he scrubbed the sweat from his body, all the while struggling to ignore the raging stiffness between his legs.

Sure, Noble had the excuse of delivering the package. But had he truly not wanted to come out here, he could have found a viable reason not to. So if Jonah was to deduce that Noble had ulterior motives for being at his house, the question remained – what were those motives? He had to wonder if even Noble knew what they were, or if he were even aware he had ulterior motives. It wasn't likely the guy would admit such a thing to himself. Surely he was still convinced his sole purpose for driving out there was to do a favor for Jonah's father.

Are you sure you're just not full of yourself? Maybe the man isn't as hot for you as you want to believe. Perhaps you just need to dial down the arrogance a notch or two.

Jonah chuckled, then groaned. It was true, he couldn't deny it – he wanted Noble to desire him beyond control. But maybe it wasn't arrogance so much as just not wanting to be the only one in this who was weakened by the presence of the other man. Noble had no idea the power he truly wielded over Jonah. And much of that evidence was making itself known with a painful throbbing ache between his legs.

“Shit.” Jonah gasped softly and cranked the hot water most of the way off and stood beneath a cool spray, his skin bumping up with goose flesh. He was anxious to get back downstairs before Noble decided to cut and run, but he couldn't hardly walk into the kitchen sporting an erection this massive. Nothing he owned was loose fitting enough to hide this thing.