Home Again

“There's a moment, we all come to

 In our own time and our own space

 Where all that we've done

 We can undo

 If our heart's, in the right place.”

- When You Come Back To Me Again,  GARTH BROOKS

_______________________________

 “I’m fine.” Noble smiled though a low groan squeezed his voice when he stood up. “I’m not going to lay back here in bed and have them come in every so often and view me as if they’re at my wake.”

Jonah chuckled. “Okay, okay. But it you start hurting…”

“I know.” Noble rolled his eyes. “I’ll tell you immediately.”

“All right, then. As long as you know the rules.”

A soft tsk rolled off Noble’s tongue. “I’m beginning to think your dad was right about you.” He murmured low.

“What?” Jonah grinned. “That I’m magically delicious?”

Noble groaned and curled his arm around his ribs as a strained laugh dragged up his throat. “No – that you’re a pest.” He laughed again and winced. “Now stop making me laugh.”

“Ah I’m sorry.” Jonah kissed his cheek, his arm around his shoulder. He nuzzled his ear. “But I am magically delicious.” He whispered.

“Oh my god.” Noble chuckled then moaned. “I’m so going to make you pay when I get better.”

Jonah grinned darkly. “You gonna spank my bottom? I so deserve it.”

“Fuck.” Noble elbowed him, though there wasn’t much force behind it. “If you enjoy it, it isn’t punishment.”

“I could pretend not to enjoy it.”

Rolling his eyes, Noble smiled and mumbled, “No wonder you’re still single.”

Jonah opened the bedroom door and held it, his gaze caressing Noble’s face. “Am I?” he wondered. “Hmm. You could’a fooled me.”

“Shut up.” Noble growled, smiling, and limped through the doorway, delivering a weak slug to Jonah’s gut as he passed.

Doubling over with exaggeration, Jonah moaned, “So the abuse is starting already? Didn’t know I was getting such a meanie for a boyfriend.”

Noble looked at him and arched an eyebrow. “So you just assume I’m your boyfriend?”

“Uh huh.” Jonah nodded and wriggled his eyebrows. “I do.”

“And what makes you so positive?” Noble’s lips tightened with a smile, then grinned when Jonah pulled him around gently and wrapped him in his arms, kissing him deep and long.

When he came up for air, he panted softly, “Because you let me do that, for one.”

“And for another?” Noble inquired, suddenly breathless.

Jonah touched his forehead to Noble’s brow. “Because you let me do lots of other things as well.”

“And that’s it?” Noble murmured. “That’s all you got?”

Licking his lips slowly, Jonah kissed him softly, “And because you told me you loved me and you would never take it back.”

Noble leaned against him and smiled, “Okay, so that one’s a bit of a stickler.”