Trying to tell Arthur

I'd like to thank 2strangefangirl for this idea.

Today was the day. Merlin was going to tell Arthur about his magic. Never before had Merlin been this nervous. What if Arthur didn't accept him? Maybe Merlin would be banished. What if Arthur felt so betrayed that he executed him?

Creak. Merlin really needed to oil Arthur's door. With each soft padding step, Merlin got more anxious.

"Umm, Arthur?" He was sitting at his desk. Blond hair glimmering in the sunlight.

Arthur glanced at Merlin and continued writing on the parchment in front of him. "Yes?"

Merlin was twiddling his thumbs. "I have something to tell you."

"I'm listening."

Merlin took a deep breath for confidence. "It's important," his voice still sounding nervous, except louder.

That caused Arthur to put his quill down and turn to Merlin. "Go on then." Arthur exclaimed rather bored.

"Well there's something that is part of me, and um... I felt I needed to tell you at some point," Merlin started his rambling and Arthur started taking steps towards Merlin. "And I know you'll probably hate me for it," Merlin paused as Arthur got rather close.

"Don't stop," Arthur demanded.

Merlin gulped and continued his rambling, "nobody really knows, and I needed to tell someone, and um..." Arthur was now really close. Gulp. "I may sorta-" right as he was about to say he had magic, Arthur kissed him.

Merlin would have pulled away, but he was pushed against a wall. Now Arthur teased Merlin's lip with his tongue, trying to get him to open his mouth. Surprising Merlin, Arthur squeezed his butt causing him to gasp. Arthur took his chance and slipped his tongue in. Slowly Merlin began to melt into the kiss, and kiss back.

When Arthur pulled back for air Merlin was stunned.

"I'm gay too Merlin. I've liked you for a while now." Arthur assumed that Merlin was telling of his sexuality. That cleared some of Merlin's questions.

Although, the other questions were still floating around Merlin's head.

"I-I have to go, this is a bit much right now," Merlin told.

As he headed back to his room, Merlin's questions reemerged. What just happened? He likes me? Am I gay? Do I like him? Could we ever even be together? The biggest question that kept popping up was: why did I like the kiss so much?

.