letters

Quick cute chapter. Enjoy Merlinians.

Arthur had been called out for an emergency, so he raced out from whatever he had been doing. He had seemed rather hesitant to leave.

Whatever. Merlin thought. This was as good a time as any other to clean, so he got started. Laundry was dispersed all over the floor, papers were all over his desk, and Arthur's bed seemed abused.

It took a long time to clean up. Arthur didn't care though. He knew he had Merlin to clean up for him. Some days it looked like a bomb went off inside the elegant room. Just without the burning, and the extreme heat.

Soon all the laundry was in a pile, and the bed was made. All that was left was to semi organize the papers.

Beginning to put them in a pile, Merlin noticed the usual agreements and paperwork that Arthur was usually bestowed. Going through, he noticed something different. There was a letter. As much as he tried not to snoop, Merlin was immediately drawn to it when he realized it was addressed to him.

Picking it up, he sat in Arthur's chair and began to read feeling guilty. His curiosity overpowered his guilt, so he continued past the 'dear Merlin'.

Dear Merlin,
I seriously hope you never read this.
I know you probably hate me for being such a 'prat' as you always seem to call me, but I only act the way I do, because I like you. If I get too close, I know I'll probably just end up ruining things. Then I won't be able to see you anymore.
I found out how you save me months ago. Believe me, I've never been so thankful, but I can't show that I know because you'll probably leave. Additionally it's better if I act as if i dont know because people would be less likely to walk in on us talking about your secret if we never talk about it.
Everyone in my life leaves me one way or another, and I couldn't bear to lose another person. Especially you.
The only reason I'm writing this is to get my emotions out. I will most likely burn this, as I do with all my other letters.
Arthur.

Not knowing what do with this information, he simply stared at the page for a few minutes. Just contemplating. Unfortunately for  Merlin, Arthur came back earlier than expected.

"Merlin you idiot, what are you doi-"

Seeing Merlin, letter in hand made Arthur freeze. This isn't happening... was Arthur's first thought.

Coming to a conclusion, Arthur grabbed it out of Merlin's hands and swiftly threw it in the fire.

Now there was the question on what they should do. Arthur awkwardly sat on his bed, while looking anywhere but at Merlin.

"Sire, look at me."

Being the stubborn clotpole he was, Arthur didn't look.

There was shuffling, before the soft voice was coming from right I front of Arthur. "Arthur, please look at me."

This time the turnip head listened. Merlin's eyes were warm and welcoming. There was a kind, reassuring smile replacing the usual goofy grin.

"You know I'm not going to leave right?" There was a breath in before he continued, "the feeling is mutual Arthur."

Arthur pulled him in for a hug. Normally he wouldn't touch his servant, if it wasn't a playful punch in the shoulder. He couldn't stop himself though. He'd liked Merlin for so long, and here he was. Admitting he liked Arthur back.

"Im here for you Arthur. Remember that." Those were the words spoken before they heard the door squeak open and they jumped apart. Merlin hurried of to finish the jobs Arthur had given earlier, while Arthur was dragged by Elyan to the training field.

.