whatever helps you sleep at night

Pinterest inspired. Athusia was never crippled. Idea at the end is sometimes used by other Merlin lovers on wattpad.

"When I said 'whatever helps you sleep at night' I didn't mean this!" Arthur practically screamed at Merlin.

Looking around Arthur saw many flames left from Merlin's explosion. The old castle crumbling more then it had been before, while the plants outside had small fires starting. That was when the flames had started racing across the castle. In no more then a minute, the rest of the castle was also on fire. It seemed that the aging castle was highly flammable. Screams were heard from inside soon. Their supposed suicide mission was turning less and less of a suicidal mission, and now just a mission.

Seemingly enough Morgana had found her own pyre. She had assumed that only a person with magic could detect how flammable the castle was. The castle was large, and unobtainable to those who wanted to take it from the outside. Morgana had forgotten how crazy Merlin was. Trying the randomest of tactics that usually seemed to work.

Now she was once again regretting underestimating Merlin. Her only hope now was Athusia. Where was she? Ah, there she was. Swooping down was the glimmering white Dragon.

As Morgana was about to climb onto her most trusted friend, she heard shouting from below. Morgana paid no mind until Athusia went to land in front of Merlin. Leaving her to burn in the castle. This can't be right... Emrys is supposed to be my... Emrys. She had missed it all this time. How could she have been soo blind? Now only before death she would know. It was actually slightly humorous to think about how uther had harbored not one, but two sorcerers. Those were Morgana's last thoughts before she  fainted from smoke inhalation.

"You're a genius Merlin!" Gwaine muttered as he looked to where Merlin last stood. He wasn't there. "Merlin?" The rest of the knights started looking for Merlin with Gwaine. Although Athur was definitely freaking out the most.

"He's over here!" Percival called, causing a mini stampede.

They found him staring eye to eye with a dragon. He was far too close for the knight's comfort. Staying where they were, they watched Merlin, for only crazy people approached dragons. Merlin and the beast had a long chat before the glimmering wonder flew away.

Now Arthur had stomped all the way to Merlin, and was screaming at him for recklessness.

"I just saved your life again, and your telling me that I was too reckless? Merlin looked amazed. Merlin hesitated to look around. "You know what? I quit."

This had shocked everyone watching.

"I've been saving your life for so long that I lost many important parts of my own life for you. The love of my life was killed by Arthur because she was cursed, my father died a few days after I met him, and you seemed annoyed that he was dead. Whenever i just want some time to myself I have to go save your arse again! Do you ever say thank you? No. Do you ever say please? No. Have I been mercilessly insulted to the point of depression and not said anything? Yes. Many times actually. I'm going back to Ealdor after this, so you won't see this idiot anymore." This was the biggest outburst Merlin had ever had around the knights. Most likely also the first.

True to his words Merlin was Back in Ealdor within a week. Or at least that's what Arthur and the knights thought.

A frail black kitten had taken to following Arthur where ever he went. Yes, at first it annoyed Arthur, but he soon came to adore the cat. The cat had big blue eyes that reminded him of Merlin, and how much he missed him.

Eventually the knights quit joking about the kitten following Arthur, and started giving shadow, (as they named him) meat, carried him around, and opened doors when shadow meowed at them.