The chicken competition

Pinterest inspired. Sorry it's been so long since the last chapter. I've been busy.

"Put down the chicken, or I swear to whatever deities there are, I will shoot you in the knee!" Arthur threatened while grabbing an arrow.

"Never!" Percival screeched before running away top speed.

Shooting out from a bush, Merlin let out a loud scream of rage before he took off in the same direction that Percival had gone. "That chicken is mine!" He was shortly followed by Leon.

Gwaine then knocked Arthur over as he raced after Merlin.

Arthur made a noise of frustration before running after his friends. Was he the only sane one today?

You might be wondering how it came to this. Let's look back at the event leading up to this.

............

It had started out a fairly normal day. Oh who am i kidding? There's never a normal day in Camelot. It had started out an unusually calm day.

Merlin had woken Arthur up with some ham, cheese, an apple, and a blinding light. Of course Arthur had groaned, but he had gotten up nevertheless.

Soon Arthur headed to training. Today the knights were working on strengthening the basics of their swordfighting. Which was boring. Arthur was basically ecstatic when a minor problem came up and used it to escape.

The young prince basically bolted when he heard that a lady needed some help getting her chickens back in. He'd invited a few knights of his choosing. Also can't forget Merlin. He was most definitely coming.

They headed out toward the property the issue was said to be on while cracking chicken jokes. When they got there, there was only one thing to be said.

Gwaine was the one to voice their thoughts, "how many chickens does this lady even have?"

There seemed to be way over one hundred. The lady was desperately trying to herd the chickens in to no avail. Each time she would herd a few in a certain direction, they would simply run around her. She seemed close to tears.

"Miss? May we help you?" Arthur asked in a gentle tone, yet still frightening her. She had been rather focused on the grounded birds. Once she saw the Camelot red she nodded.

The knights soon got to catching chickens. Merlin had gone with the knights, while Arthur had stayed behind to calm the hysterical lady. He found out her name was Rosalie, she was watching her neighbor's chickens while they went on a two week trip.

"Don't worry Rosalie. We'll get your neighbors chickens back. Do you have any idea how many chickens they have in total?"

"I think they said there was a total of one hundred forty seven. I'm sorry for disturbing your practice my lord." Rosalie looked like she felt guilty.

"Don't worry about it. I realy don't mind. Actually, I should be thanking you. You got me out of a boring practice," he flirted with a wink. Now Rosalie was blushing madly with a smile. That was far better than the guilty look she had earlier, so he set off to help the knights.

............

When Arthur arrived, Gwaine immediately asked, "how many chickens are there?"