Campfire conversation

Just a quick short story. I have no idea where I'm going with this, but enjoy.

They were sitting around a campfire. Just Arthur and Merlin. That's where all the weird talk seemed to happen. It seemed tonight would be extremely weird.

"Hey Merlin?"

"Yes sire?"

"Where did the dragon's body go after I killed it?"

"I think it flew away? Ask Leon, he was there."

"Why do branches keep falling on our enemies? Then again, they always seem to fall off their horses, and drop their weapons," Arthur continued.

"Maybe it's just luck sire."

"Its almost like someone around us... Has magic."

Now Merlin became slightly nervous, but he didn't show it. "Highly unlikely sire."

"Really lucky that the snakes came out of that one man's shield..."

"Maybe he slipped up, and they came out of his shield?"

"Maybe. Anyway, remember that gust of wind when we were with the Afanc?" Merlin nodded at Arthur's question. "Seemed a lot like magic to me."

"Maybe Morgana did it?"

"Oh would you just admit it already? You have magic. I won't tell anyone, now let me help you hide it. You're doing a terrible job!"

Merlin looked at Arthur mouth agape.

"Stop looking surprised. How thick do you think I am? I'm not totally oblivious!"

At this point Merlin still hadn't moved. He was still staring.

"Why did you even come to Camelot?"

"My mom thought Gaius could help me with it," Merlin now looked to the ground.

"Thank you."

Now Merlin looked back up at Arthur, "for what?"

"You've saved both my life, and my friends lives many times. I'm sure I've only heard of a few. I was waiting for you to tell me Merlin, but you didn't. I got bored of waiting. Kinda sad you didn't trust me enough, but I get it. With my father and all."

"Thank you Sire."

"Stop calling me Sire. When we're alone just call me Arthur. I'd say we're friends by now wouldn't you?"

"Yes si- Arthur."

"Thats better. Anyway, good night. Just use your magic to stop the fire. It'll save water."

"Night Arthur." Merlin spent a good half hour just staring into the fire thinking. Arthur knew about his magic...

.