Pen pals continued

So I got a lot of comments asking me to continue Pen pals, so here it is. If you haven't read it in a while, I suggest you go back and read it. I have no idea where I'm going with this, so we'll see how this turns out.

Quick question: What do you think would happen if the purge happened in Canada?

~

~
Previously on: Pen Pals.
~

~

Today he had been working late in Arthur's chamber's when Brom entered.

"Oh, Merlin, there you are. I was just looking for you. I've got a letter for you, and one for Arthur." Brom handed both Arthur, and Merlin a letter.

When he handed Arthur his letter, Merlin recognized his own writing. Only then did he realize that Arthur's writing was on his own. All these years, Merlin had never realized that it was Arthur's writing on his letters. Merlin felt so stupid. So idiotic.

"Hey Merlin, you should read yours out loud, and I'll read mine out loud. Deal?"

Merlin was already unusually pale as it was without Arthur's suggestion. The suggestion just made him look deathly pale, with wide eyes.

"Oh come on Merlin, your conversations can't be that bad!" Arthur grabbed Merlin's letter swiftly, and opened it without looking. Pulling the letter out, he looked down and found his own writing.

"You- you're... Robin?"

Nodding, he more told himself then asked Arthur, " and you're Asher..."

..........

"Wait, Merlin... you have magic?" This was said the same time Merlin asked his question.

"You like guys?"

Both of them froze before Merlin swiftly walked away. Merlin ended up going to do chores (strangely enough). Arthur on the other hand canceled his plans for the evening and sat at his desk to think.

Had Merlin really lost that many people? Wait, Merlin said he liked his Master. Arthur had told Merlin he liked a guy, so he knew Arthur was gay. Then Merlin's joke about saving him all the time wasn't really a joke after all. How much had Arthur not noticed? A lot apparently. Arthur groaned again. He most likely wouldn't sleep tonight.

The other Pen pal was scrubbing his Pen pal's boots as if his life depended on it. Merlin's best bet right now was to get things off his mind by busying himself. He knew Arthur wouldn't tell anyone. In one of their letters, Arthur had mentioned how he hated the 'no magic law' and wanted it gone.

What was Arthur going to do? He knew that Merlin liked him, and that relationship would never happen. Did that mean Merlin was going to be out of a job? Or worse, he knew far too much. Would he be killed? Merlin heard rumours about servants that knew too much being killed to avoid spilling information.

The paragraph above was pretty much the thought process Merlin was having. That's why he was doing all his chores well and in record time. It was his way to procrastinate facing the issue.

Eventually, he finished all the chores. In fact, he had done a lot of chores that weren't his too. All that was left was cleaning Arthur's room. That would be fairly quick, and Arthur should be in a meeting for a little while longer.

Merlin was wrong though. His pen pal was not in a meeting. Sitting and watching the door was where Merlin found Arthur.

Suddenly the laundry basket Merlin had been holding was on the floor, along with his jaw.

"Merlin, let's talk."

"I'm sorry, I should've told you. I understand if you want to fire me, I can be out of here in an hour. I finished all my jobs except cleaning you room and-"

"Merlin, I'm not going to fire you."

Merlin's jaw dropped again. This seemed to be a reoccurring thing for Merlin today. "You're not?" Merlin finally asked when he'd remembered how to work the muscles in his jaw.

Standing, Arthur came closer. "No I'm not. In fact, in the letters you mentioned you liked your boss... and I'm guessing that's not Uther. I also may have mentioned that I like a guy in my life. I'll clarify that he has black hair, he's an idiot, and he's saved my life multiple times if the letters are correct."

He couldn't possibly be talking about Merlin could he? The fact that Arthur was getting closer, said otherwise.

"Wh-who?" Merlin stuttered.

"I've literally told you who, and you still don't get it. You truly are an idiot."

"I have an idea, I just don't believe it."

"Well, can I kiss you?" Arthur asked rather meekly.

Instead of responding, Merlin connected his lips softly to Arthur's. Somehow he was still scared Arthur would pull away though. When Arthur responded by kissing back, that's when it got steamy.

Gwaine walked through the door, and upon seeing the two, he shouted, "I KNEW IT!" before running out screaming about how Leon, Elyan and some other knights owed him.

.