How did I end up here?

Not the best, but I like the idea. I got lazy and didn't try to make my writing that nice. Still has a good plot, and is understandable.

Morgana was there. Taunting Merlin. Trying to find a weakness. She didn't want to kill him, just use him to get to Arthur. This had been an on going process for a while now. It wasn't working, and most likely never would. Merlin's loyalty was astounding.

Perhaps there was a different way. A way to bring Merlin to her side... but what. A persuasion spell? No, not strong enough. What about an illusion of Arthur betraying him? Merlin would be able to see past it. He had seen past similar illusions. There had to be another way. All the time Merlin had spent with Arthur had made him far too loyal. Too many memories.

Wait... that was it! Memories! What if Morgana got rid of all Merlin's memories in Camelot? Then she'd leave him somewhere and make it look like he'd bumped his head really hard. Make it look like Merlin has amnesia! Arthur will be rude to him, and because Merlin hasn't been won over yet, he'll be easy to persuade. Bam, Ally! Yes he won't know anything about Arthur, but he'll be more willing to share what he does know.

Quickly she mumbled a spell to know him out, and then another to rid him of the times he'd had in Camelot. She knew the spell had only put up a wall that could easily be taken down with a magical surge of power. It would take three druids to remove it.

Gaius liked to remain scientific. It wasn't likely that he would check for a spell. He'd assume it was amnesia just as Morgana hoped.

........

Waking up Merlin found himself in a strange place, with a pain located on the top of his head.

This new place was made of stone which indicated being underground, yet had natural lighting. There were windows with captivating blue. So he was in a castle. Why was he in a castle? Ealdor was nowhere near a castle? His mother had sent him away to learn to control his magic... Camelot. That was his destination. Had he made it?

There was shouting coming from behind a door, before it burst open. There stood a man in chainmill. Perhaps he was a knight.

"Merlin?" The person spoke with worry in his voice. Then he began coming closer.

As he neared, Merlin noticed his prominent cheekbones, his dirty blond hair which glimmered in the light and the worry evident in his blue eyes. He looked familiar. The look in his eye was throwing him off though.

"That's me," he told the man quietly. Where was he? Merlin was at a huge disadvantage. He knew not the people here, the setting or even how to get out. This man was a potential friend or foe. Better to be on the safe side.

"What happened? Are you okay?" The strange person asked.

Merlin shrugged. "I'm not sure what happened, but I'm okay."

The dirty blond haired man sits next to him. A breath of air was let out, that he had apparently been holding. Did this man know Merlin.

"Gaius almost didn't let me in. He told me I needed to go to the meeting, but I needed to make sure you'd be there tomorrow?"

What?

"I'm sorry, but who are you? How do I know you?"

The strange man seemed astounded."You... you don't remember me?" After seeing Merlin shake his head he continued, "I'm Arthur Pendragon. Ring a bell? Prince of Camelot? Royal prat you work for?"