stuck

Apparently people still like this, considering it hit 12k. So thank you for reading, and enjoy another chapter.

Walking into the cave they hadn't expected the 'old hag' as Arthur had called her, to know they were coming. They also hadn't expected her to have a plan.

On the first step into the cave, Merlin had known something was going to happen. He had felt a magical presence getting riled up. Unfortunately there was no reasonable way to tell Arthur that. All Merlin could do was nag and hope Arthur listened to him this time. Everyone who has seen the two together knows better than to believe that Arthur would listen to Merlin in a situation like this.

"But Arthur-"

"Shut up Merlin. We are not going back no matter what excuse you make up about forgetting to get herbs for Gaius, or about forgetting to feed your cat. I know you don't have a cat Merlin."

Sighing, Merlin continued to follow the prat through the cave towards where the magical signal was coming from.

There had been multiple rumours about an old lady who regularly practiced magic. People had said that she resides in a cave at Camelot's border. So here they were. On a top secret mission that was supposed to be only Arthur going, trying to find an old lady to execute for a skill she has. Great.

Going further into the tunnels of the cave, Merlin felt the magic getting stronger.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back sire?"

"Perfectly certain Merlin. Quit being an idiot."

"Do you have any better comebacks then 'idiot', and 'useless servant'? Because they're more of a reality then a sting by now Dallop head."

It was true for Merlin. He now believed those insults were simply Arthur telling him the truth.

"You don't actually think I mean them d-"

That was when Merlin and Arthur felt a magical force knock them down. They weren't necessarily unconscious, they were more forced into a state where they couldn't move, talk, or open their eyes. The two could still hear, the lady approaching. Feeling her presence come near, and use her cold bony fingers to put something gross and sticky on their arms. Nearly puking at the smell, Athur gagged and wishes that he had listened to Merlin. Then they heard the Lady leave with a cackle.

After a good twenty minutes of being under the spell, it started to wear off. First they could move their toes. Then they could move their wrists. It continued on like this until they could fully move. Then their eyes opened. Of course, Merlin was the first one to fully come to his senses, due to his magic fighting the lady's.

When Arthur fully came to his senses, he jumped up. There was a large weight on his arm. Looking down, he saw the gross stuff the sorcerer had put on his arm, had glued his arm to Merlin's arm.

The gross green solid had felt like a liquid when it hit them earlier. Although he was partly unconscious at the time, so he really wasn't sure.

Trying to pull his arm apart from Merlin's, he found Merlin was easy to pull over. So now they were on the ground again with Merlin on top of Arthur's chest.

Blushing, Merlin stumbled to get up. He was shortly followed up by Arthur. Trying one last time, Arthur gently pulled his arm away from Merlin's. Nothing really happened to the gross green, crystal like thing on their arms.

So they were truly stuck for, who knows how long. Hopefully Gaius would come forward with his wonderful cures.

Until then, it seemed they were together. Which was going to be quite The challenge. Already Arthur had wanted to run, and track the old lady. When he tried to run, (unexpectedly started running down the sorcerer's trail) Merlin fell and was dragged behind. Arthur couldn't run, or sneak with the idiot beside him. This definitely put a Kink in Arthur's plans. So they decided the better option was to go home.