Seeing the talk

Just a quick, cute update.

Leon was chatting with Percival on the other side of the fire. They couldn't hear the conversation that Arthur and Gwaine were having. They could definitely see it though.

"Yes," they could hear Arthur say.

Gwaine leaned forward with a smirk, and motioned to the person who had fallen asleep with their head in Arthur's lap.

For a moment, Arthur looked like he'd seen a ghost. Then he glimpsed downward at the person in his lap before blushing.  Leon wondered what could have gotten such a reaction out of their prince. What did Gwaine say this time?

Gwaine now nudged the prince, with a playful smile. By now, Arthur couldn't look at Gwaine.

It seemed Gwaine took mercy on Arthur for once in his life, and he switched the subject. They quickly got pulled into that conversation.

As their conversation steadly went on, everyone noticed as Arthur attempted to sneakily place his hand in the raven hair on his lap, without being noticed. Honestly, no one was surprised.

For the next while, Arthur lightly brushed the raven hair slowly. Of course Gwaine didn't look. He knew all too well what would happen of he did. So he simply concentrated on Arthur's face. Leon was incredibly surprised that Gwaine had made it this long.

Soon Arthur's hand made it to the man's slim torso. It was getting darker, and Arthur had sunk further into the log that they had fashioned into a back rest with blankets. The raven hair was now on Arthur's stomache.

Wiggling around trying to get comfy, Arthur suddenly froze when the head on his stomache began to move. The man was still asleep, but he repositioned. Suddenly, Arthur was being hugged by him. Now everyone could see his face. It was the face of their favourite servant in Camelot. The one that convinced Gwaine to become a knight. The one that had been the most loyal and brave man they had ever known.

Suddenly Gwaine snorted. Leon had been so proud of him up until this moment.

Hearing the noise, Arthur flinched and sat up with an unsheathed sword.

"Did you hear that?" he inquired.

Everyone shook their heads to say no.

"Good, because it sounded strangely like someone laughing at Merlin." After his big angry speech, Arthur lay back down.

In minutes they heard the telltale sign that Arthur was asleep. Snoring.

"Think they'll ever get together?" Gwaine asked rather annoyed.

Leon glared at Gwaine. "They very well may already be together and refuse to tell us because of your usual actions. Although, I gotta say you did pretty good tonight."

Smirking, Gwaine started, "thanks. I tried my absolute hardest." Continuing after a dramatic pause, he asked, "that means I don't have to take first watch right?"

Sighing, Percival got up. "I'll do it."

The large man got up, and found his position. He rather liked first watch. It meant he could see Arthur and Merlin slowly get closer and more entertwined.

Like now. Arthur just brought Merlin as close as he could and borough his arms around Merlin in a hug.

.