20

Silence was what should fill the room shared by two injuried beings however it was far from that. The second youngest in the room was bombarded by his family and his best friend. His brother was showing him a video they took at his last soccer match while Sohyun was rubbing cream on his hands because she claimed they were "too dry", at the same time his mother was reading a verse from the bible.

"So he says-"

"And so Je-"

"Because he paints-"

"Enough!"

The yell of Jimin was enough to shut the talkative humans. The two females each backed away with the items in hand while Jihyun continued on to point out things from his video. He was oblivious to the glare that his brother was looking at him with. When he was pulled back by the girl in the room did he notice the happenings.

"Oh I thought you wanted them to shut up so you can hear my story." Jihyun snickered. "I mean it is only the best."

The claim caused another outbreak in room which Jimin once again brought an end to. He told his family they should now leave. Jimin was all the sudden feeling tired, tired of them but he didn't say that. His mother kissed his cheek and wished him a night full of rest then his brother fist bumped him. The two gathered at the door, waiting for Sohyun but she urged them to go on without her since she'd be picked up.

"Sohyun I'm really tired-"

"I know." The girl interrupted him as she put away her hand cream. "I just wasn't sure if I should give you this in front of your family."

Confused Jimin awaited an explanation but it never came. Sohyun dug her hand into her purse, out with it came a single device with a cable. It was his phone.

"To keep you entertained." She handed it to him. "I knew your mom would have taken it from you but there's things in there you probably won't want her seeing, like the hundreds of messages you have."

Jimin was aware that perhaps the boys would have tried calling or providing him some sort of explanation, he just wasn't sure if he wanted to read them. And so with uncertainty he set the phone down on the night stand besides him, letting it ghost there.

"I've got to meet the girls so rest well okay?" Sohyun smiled at him that sweet smile that was just like sugar. Jimin promised her that he would and they leaned for their goodbye, a hug.

Sohyun put her arms around him, "That's from the boys." Then she squeezed, "and that's from Taehyung.  Next she kissed his cheek. "And that's from me."

That was the last the girl did. She walked out of the room, not bothering to look back her friend who waved her goodbye. Jimin was left alone in peace at last. He laid on side to rest but before he could close his eyes he noticed what he planned to ignore.

"What a cute girl that was."

Jimin turned his head to meet a man in a white robe like his. He was tall and petite with brown hair that was almost surpassing his eyes for his bangs were so long. The man had milky white skin, he seemed in far too good of a shape to be in a hospital.

"About time we got to be alone." He chuckled as he made his way to the curtains that covered the other side of the room. Jimin's confusion was cleared when the curtain was pushed back and the man took a seat on the bed across from his.

"Hello..." The younger one, clearly Jimin, mumbled. He'd been in the hospital for two days yet he had not probably introduced himself with his roommate. The man was never there, he always disappeared without a trace. Jimin had attempted to strike up a conversation when he was left alone but he was never answered. Only time after his introduction did he come to realize the man was never there.

"Hey little boy."

Jimin pressed his lips together, he was unsure of how to respond.

"Whatcha in for Jiminie?"

The boy was naturally alerted by the fact that this stranger knew his name but then he remembered the loud voices of his family's. The man introduced himself as Jung Daehyun, a nineteen year old who revealed his reason for being there as attempted suicide.

"I'm not at my happiest," he sighed "the stress of my problems eat me away."

"What problems?" Jimin asked but quickly apologized for sounding intrusive. In his days of reflection he'd come to discover his curiosity was what got him this way.

"Don't stress about it boy, or so that's what they'd tell me." Daehyun sighed louder. "I've also got a bit of a drinking problem but you know that's besides the point. But yeah, I tried to stab myself. I planned to bleed to death so that I could have thought of all I did wrong but my friend found me before I could so now I'm here."

The teenager spoke so causally of his condition, as it weren't his first time sharing the information. He held up his hand to his face then with his fingers on his other hands, he played with the band that diagnosed him.

"Are you going to tell me why you're here or not?"

Jimin was unsure of whether or not to do so. He was thinking of thoughts that ended that boy besides him there so he thought perhaps sharing some of his story could help ease his soul. And so he told the stranger of his problems, in sugar code that was. He told him about how he was lied to by the people he trusted and how because of his recklessness, he caused the life of an innocent unborn child and the trauma of his aunt.

"Seems rough." Daehyun responded. "Bet you feel like shit huh?"

He did.

"I do."

The seventeen year was feeling the most horrific he'd ever in his entire life. He use to think that almost missing his brother's stretches was a reason to feel bad but now, that seemed like barely an itch to his being. He'd cause the lost of a child, unsettling thoughts to his aunt Jiae, and even to his brother a traumatic memory he'd probably never be able to forget.

"Well if it makes you feel any better, you're going to die." Daehyun said with a smile at the last word. "You won't feel anything then."

Daehyun first impression didn't make him appear as suicidal as he claimed he was. That boy spoke of devastations with a smile on his face. As odd as that seemed, Jimin liked it. This boy who was two years older than him was the only one not telling him not to take the blame or not telling him to keep happy thoughts. And so this new acquaintance was one the boy was happy to come across in a long time. He was the first to put a smile on his face after the days of darkness that consumed him.

Jung Daehyun was a boy unlike any other and Park Jimin admired that.

~'~'~'
Im suppose to be up early yet here I am updating, why am I like this? (Answer: because I like to force feed y'all chapters)

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}