27

The months awaited by students all over were so close yet so far. Children cried thinking the time was long before they'd see all their friends again while teenagers believed the time was too little. Only two weeks and  classes would be set free from the grasp of forced education. 

"Try not to look too happy for my class next time please."

Jimin chuckled at his math teacher's joke but the man did have a point in his sarcastic remark. He took his time in packing up his things since he was going to be staying a little longer than he should, Mr.Kim had news to share with him. He wasn't sure what he could deliver when vacation was so closed but Jimin was excited to find out. 

"Do you recall that the tournament was canceled?" 

The most expected event and only thing Jimin looked forward to during that school year had been put to an end. He was upset when he came back to school to find out but not so much considering during the suppose date he was in the hospital. He was intrigued to know why Mr.Kim would bring up the topic now. 

"There's one in the summer." Mr.Kim smiled excitedly. "It's at the start of July, with a few other students of from lower grades. I want you to come along."

The proposition was unexpected but welcomed by the young boy. He expressed his much desire to join but he would be needing to speak with his parents first of course. Jimin left with a wide smile on his face, his mood much different from when he entered the room. He decided that it wouldn't hurt to do one more thing before spilling the news to his family. 

"You came!" 

Taehyung took off from his place on the floor to engulf his friend in a hug, which this time hugged back. Jimin missed the bubbly tall boy so much, he just hadn't realized it till then. The two boys enjoyed each other's presences on the roof of a building one of them lived in. In the short time they could up with all that had happened in each other's life. Taehyung had not been having the best time at home and so he had spent most of his nights at Hoseok's or at their hideout. The younger one never did ever speak much of his family or home life but considering he was always anywhere near neither, Jimin assumed because he didn't want to be there. 

"Yeah well...that doesn't really matter." Taehyung shrugged effortlessly. "What about you? You seem so much happier, I mean you wouldn't even answer my messages before."

It was true, Jimin had been avoiding all communication methods with his once best friend. He felt as if continuing their interactions too quick would cause him too much pain or that he would not see him the same. However neither of those things were true. Taehyung still remained his odd yet cheerful persona in his mind. 

"I'm doing...good, really good actually." Jimin let a small grin take over his face. "I think I'm almost over you guys lying to me."

"Jimin-"

"Just don't say anything."

He didn't, neither one did, for a very long time. They sat together, enjoying their view and each other. Only when the sun was nearly at it's lowest did Jimin realize that he should have been home a while ago. With a quick hug, he abandoned his friend on the rooftop and ran home. He knew his mother would not say much except for a quick reminder of their agreement yet he didn't want to abuse her relaxed curfew. Shortcuts shortened his time in getting there and so Jimin made it into the dining room in time to go in just behind his brother. 

"Too caught up with Dae?"Jihyun whispered as they took their seats in front of their serious looking father. 

"No dummy." Jimin scoffed. 

He didn't blame his brother for thinking he was with Daehyun though. It would be a lie to say that the two hadn't become close and that they spent most of their evenings together. Ever since their unexpected night things had been going even better than before. The two would spend their time together doing the same as before yet there was a difference, to Jimin at least. He didn't bother to question it nor bring it up since he'd learned very well that his curiosity could lead to misfortunes. The dinner was going well, conversations were being had of the casual happenings until their father spoke up. 

"So, whose this Daehyun boy Jimin?" 

Jimin looked up surprised from his plate, he had not expected his friend to be the topic of one of their conversations that night. 

"He's a lovely boy!" Mrs.Park answered instead. "Just wonderful!" 

The eldest son glanced to his brother. Jihyun munched on his food with a blank expression, watching the rest play out while Jimin freaked out on the inside. This was the first time his father had bothered to take any interest in someone in his son's life, in any of his children's life as a matter of fact. He knew barely of Jihyun's soccer team, no names,  only some faces. As for Jimin the only one he knew of that was involved in his life was Mr.Kim because of Mrs.Park mentioned him a little too often and Sohyun since she was around most of the time.

"He sends me these wonderful little gifts, such nice gestures!" Mrs.Park rambled on. "Oh he's a sweetheart Dae!"

It was also quite obvious how much the woman in the household had come to love Daehyun. She send him food and desserts, things that made the teenager happy. In return, Mrs.Park would receive a phone call with a small gift like flowers or a cute bracelet. She and her son felt the same way about Jung Daehyun, absolutely delighted. 

"Have you even met him?" 

It was even more obvious that Mr.Park was suspicious. 

"No but we've spoken over the phone. I have been meaning to have him over if that's what you're wondering."

Jimin perked up at the sudden claim his mother made, he was definitely not aware of this. His father looked at him in a way that made him nervous from head to toe. Unaware of why such a stare, Jimin tensed still in his place. He watched as his father set down his utensils, food unfinished. 

"I'm looking forward to meeting this new friend."

The man said no more and left the room. 

Behind were left his family with confused thoughts. Jimin stared at his mother who too looked dumbfounded by her husband's sudden interest in the new boy who'd captured the attention of her and son. As the two sat there motionless, Jihyun sighed and and left the two be. His mother cleared her throat then too stood.

"Don't stay too late."

She let him be in the lonely room to pick up after everyone else but that was not one bit of worries. Jimin's mind roamed wild as he thought of any and all reason that his father would want to meet Daehyun. Had he found out something about him that he nor his mother knew? Was their night together become known to his father? Or was he just curious to know more about him? Jimin didn't feel like any of his explanations added up. 

Whatever the reason was, he'd have to wait for the day of the meet. Only then and then only would the young boy come to learn just why his father had taken such an interest upon his new friend. 

~'~'~'

Ya girl's been dying but hey new update yay. That and my charger is still being a bitch :)

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}