8

With a black bag in one hand and a treat in another, a seventeen year old strolled home in the last remaining moments of the sun on that day. He hummed happily as he caught sight of his home, his mood only increased as he smelled a scent he knew could only be coming from his kitchen. However once he reached the lawn of his home that happy mood fell because his eyes had fallen on a vehicle.

"God please no." Jimin mumbled under his breath as he stared at the black vehicle in the driveway. Only one car should be there yet the one that belonged was parked in front of property, a sight he missed from afar because of blinding happiness. He shook his head in denial and rushed to the porch.

"Oh is that my milk?"

He raised his gaze from the ground to the boy now standing front of him. Jihyun didn't wait for an answer, he snatched the bag from his brother's grasp and stuck his nose inside it. He squealed happily as he pulled out the carton.

"Much thanks Hyungie."

Jimin was in far too much shock to respond, his eyes were still on the car. He believed his eyes deceived him, they were playing a harsh trick he wished would end any second. His mind was still for it waited to know if it was entitled to panic.

"Eomma says she's got news, and by the looks of it-"

"It's not good." Jimin finished his sentence.

Horrified he looked back to his brother who too was staring at the car with a concerning expression, it was clear the two were not happy to see it. The elder patted his brother's shoulder, signaling to go inside. The two stopped once they had taken two steps inside, at the sound of more voices than usual they gulped. It wasn't just voices they heard, there were screams.

"Heard she's having another one."

Jimin turned around to head to his room but Jihyun stopped him, he smiled but not at him.

"Auntie!"

He pushed Jimin around to meet the eyes of a middle aged woman with black hair that fell to her shoulders, a white cardigan, and a belly that was clear it was not food what she stored in. The two brothers smiled brightly and pretended to be excited to see their aunt who demanded they come greet her properly.

"Oh look how you've grown!" She exclaimed as she took hold of Jimin and stared at his facial features. "A grown man you've become! My sister has done well with you! And as for you,"

To the side Jimin was set and on display was now Jihyun. The fifteen year old forced a smile that was clearly anything but sincre just like the face of the woman's. She crunched her lips and eyebrows together, her eyes ran up and down him until they landed on his head.

"Since when do we have a blonde in the family? Last I remember you had beautiful black hair, how could my sister allow such travesty... Wait," She turned back to Jimin, "you are also suppose to have black hair! Oh Emma what have you done to these boys!?"

The woman dramatically turned to the kitchen, leaving behind the brothers to exhale tiredly. They stayed in their same positions until they were called in by the screeching voice of their aunt.

"And it begins."

Jimin rolled his eyes. Jihyun was right though, this was just the start. So they dragged themselves into the room that contained one of their shared nightmares, once inside they met with two more.

"Twins say hi!"

A single worst nightmare split into two and embodied twelve year old boys that are introduced as the cousins of the Park brothers. Jimin was the only one of the two to put on a smile as he greeted his relatives. Jihyun simply waved at them, he did not want to make any contact with the two preteens.

"Say what has happened to the two!? I mean look at their hairs, that's not natural Emma!"

The mother of both pointed to the entrance of the dining room where the twins headed and their father sat peacefully in. Still they could hear as their mother explained to her sister that her sons change of hair color was an experiment, something done in the name of science. Jimin suffered internally as he listened to his mother make up a lame scientific excuse while Jihyun tried not to let his chuckles be heard. In the end their aunt let the topic be, only after have calling her younger sister ridiculous of course and somehow bringing god into her better reasoning. At the table they join with full plates in front of them.

"Let's say our prayers."

The Park family looked between each other, the males that is. Sure they were religious and believed in giving thanks however at the dinner table it was assumed to be done in one's head, however that was not the case with their relatives.

"Right," Their mother smiled. "Hold hands boys."

Jimin looked to his right, Jihyun was rolling his eyes. To his left his father was biting on the inside his cheek. Regardless they obeyed their mother and closed their eyes. They let their aunt go about speaking for a while. As she gave thanks for everything, Jimin pried his eyes open to look around however he was met with his brother's. Jihyun was mocking his aunt through facial expressions which led the elder to accidentally giggle out loud. He quickly shut his mouth and eyes, the prayer was continued. When it ended he stuffed his mouth to avoid contact.

"So to which one of you was this funny to?"

The seventeen year old looked up, pretending to be clueless of what his aunt spoke of or to who. She repeated the question, this time addressing both brothers. Jimin looked to his mother for help but she insisted he answered so he looked to his father who was too invested in his meal to spare the conversation a minute.

Jimin cleared his throat. "I um-"

"His throat tickled. He's got got-a-throat-tickle-ickle. Terrible disease, look it up."

Again Jimin tried his hardest not to laugh at his brother so he covered his smile with his napkin and agreed with a hum. The woman simply glared at the fifteen year old who mockingly smiled back before engulfing his food. There was much more conversation than usual at the table that night, conversations no one wished to have. Their aunt asked all sorts of questions, to everyone. Involuntarily everyone answered and endured any criticism.

"So boys I know it's been a while since you've seen aunt Jiae, I'm sure you've enjoyed reuniting."

Both boy could beg to differ but they nodded in agreement to their mother's claim.

"Well she's here because of some terrible news." Their mother's face dropped and she looked down to her plate. "A friend from college of your father and I's passed away. She lived out of country and we cannot miss her funeral so aunt Jiae has offered to stay here with the twins to care for you guys. Isn't that great!?"

The Park brothers stilled in their seats from shock for a full minute until one snapped back into reality.

"Come again?" The youngest whispered.

"She'll be taking care of you for the week we'll be gone."

The two turned their heads to the other side of the dining table where their pregnant aunt and her two preteen twin sons smiled devilishly at them. Their week long nightmares had been presented to them in forms of humans, ones who they very much did not like.

~'~'~'

Look at me with my updates being so on point lately. 🙂

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}