Valentine X Reader (Monster High)

"(Name)!" Valentine called out to you, making his way down the hallway. You scowled, holding your books closer to you as you continued down the hallway, quickening your pace. "(Name) please wait!" Valentine said as he appeared in front of you. You frowned, glaring at him. Of course he could do that- he was a vampire after all. He reached out and placed a hand on your arm.

"What?" You hissed, angry that he had the audacity to touch you. You jerked backwards causing his hand to fall back to his side.

"Listen I know I've been rather...."

"Douchey, horrible, rude?" You offered, leaning onto your leg. He frowned but nodded none the less.

"Yes. I know I've been horrible in the past however, I would love if you could give me one more chance! I've been helping monsters find dates for the Fraidy Hawkins dance and I've found someone perfect for you-"

"No." You said as you pushed passed him. "I have no time for that. Goodbye Valentine" you hit his shoulder with your own while you walked past him.

He frowns while watching you walk away. He'd talk to you about it again tomorrow, he decided before walking down the hallway trying to find the next person on his list.

You've been avoiding him for months now, and before he knows it, the Fraidy Hawkins dance is here and he doesn't have a date. He's not bothered by it, seeing everyone laughing and dancing adds a new feeing of warmth in his chest.

Then he sees you.

You're talking to your friends who are laughing as they hold a glass of punch. They talk with you until their dates arrive and they hesitantly leave, due to your persistence.

Before he can stop himself he crosses the dance floor, calling your name. You turn, your hair framing your face perfectly.

"Valentine." You said, your voice laced with displeasure. Your arms fold over each other as you hold a glass in one of your free hands.

"I thought you said you were too busy" he said, frowning at you. You shrug, turning away from him,

"I made some free time" he sees the faintest smile when you turn away. "Where's your date?" You say before he can ask you the same question.

"I don't have one. What about you?" He asks as he takes a step closer. "I could of gotten you a date, I mean you were highly requested"

"You sure know how to make someone special" you hum, annoyance coating your voice. He jumps at the sound, realizing what he said.

"I'm so sorry! I don't mean it like that! I mean just a lot of people wanted to be-"

"It's fine don't worry about it" you say as you turn on your heel. He huffs, reaching to touch your shoulder. He wonders if it's luck or something else but suddenly a slow song starts.

"Dance with me" he says as sincerely as he can. "Just for tonight, dance with me. Be my date for three minutes" he pleads. He can't help it, he's tried to push down the thoughts, his feelings. He had desperately tried to do right by you but failed every time. "Please!"

You nod.

He feels like he's in heaven when he feels your hand hesitantly rest on his shoulder and your other hand intertwine with his. His heart is beating at a mile a minute when he wraps an arm around your waist and pulls you against him.

He moves slowly, swaying with you, before he begins to pull you one direction to another it's not until he dips you that you finally laugh. An ice breaker. He smiles down at you, a laugh coming from him as well.

The songs stops all too soon and he's left with having to pull away. You're still smiling though, looking into his eyes, scanning them before turning on your heel.

"You're not a bad dancer Valentine. Next time a slow song comes on feel free to come get me" you wink at him before leaving to see how your friends were doing.

His heart was soaring.

------------------
A/N: Sorry for not updating for a while. Hope you are all okay!