Keith X Reader (Voltron: Legendary Defender)

A/N: I've been really wanted to do this one for a very long time and now that the second season of Voltron: Legendary Defender is coming out soon it's a good time to finally getting to it! I hope you enjoy it!!
--------------------------

You stumbled out of one the cryo-pods and held your head. You groaned and struggled to keep your balance. An arm shot out and held your free arm to help steady you. You mumbled a thanks before blinking, attempting to get used to the bright lights. You took a moment, covering your eyes before facing the person who had a grip on your arm. You stared at him for a moment, studying his face before asking,

"Who are you?" Your voice was gentle, you were not demanding, you were not angry. You were patient, waiting for the man's answer.

"My name is Takashi Shirogane" The man said, removing his grip from his arm and holding it out to you. His face held a warm smile as he waited for you to take his hand. You smiled, ready to take his hand when you two suddenly heard a scream. You both whipped around to see Allura holding Lance down by his arm and holding his ear.

"Who are you? Where is king Alfor? What are you doing in my castle?" Allura asked as she looked over at the group her eyes landed on you before flicking back to the boy.

"A giant blue lion brought us here! That's all we know!" Lance exclaimed as he closed his eyes tightly.

"How do you have the blue lion? What happened to it's paladin? What are you all doing here? Unless..." She let out of Lance and trailed off, her eyes focused on you for a moment. "How long has it been?" The question was directed more for you but Shiro answered,

"We don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you tell us who you are? Maybe we can help." Shiro said, Hunk gripped the man's shoulders in fear and you moved to stand beside Allura. She stood taller than you but you blamed her shoes for that. You placed a hand on her arm in a way of comforting her.

"I am Princess Allura of Planet Altea..." She looked at you before walking forward, through the small group in front of the two of you. "I've got to find out where we are and how long we've been asleep" She placed her hands on the control panel and blue screens flashed in front of her. You lingered close to her, keeping a close eye on the boy she had been holding down.

You both glanced behind you when you heard Coran yell something at the boy. He jumped at him then the two began bickering. You tuned out the voices and focused on what Allura was looking at. You and Allura both gasped when you two saw what was on the panels.

"What is it?" Coran asked as he stopped his argument with the boy for a moment so he could focus on Allura. Allura stared at the page in horror. You stood there, unsure of what to do.

"We've been asleep for 10,000 years" She said before looking back at Coran. You turned your head away from the control panel to the stairs leading up to the observation deck.

"The Red Lion..." Allura began as you stood close to Coran. "Is temperamental and the most difficult to master. It's faster and more agile than the others but also more unstable it's pilot need to be someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone" Her eyes glanced over you but you took a step back, showing her your answer to the unspoken question. She looked away with a saddened expression before looking to Keith "Keith you will fly the Red Lion"

"(Name) you go with Pidge, Keith and Shiro to find the red lion" You looked at her before pursing her lips.

"Allura..." You said slowly, as if you feared what you would say would anger the princess. "I don't believe that is the best idea" You said as you gripped your arm. Allura frowned slightly it was the same question that was on all three of your minds.