Kirito X Reader (Sword Art Online)

You gently knocked on Kirito's door as you stood in front. You nervously held your hands together. You didn't want to bother him. A week ago Kirito had broken his leg while he was at school. He had fallen down the school stairs and was sent to the hospital. He had to stay home for a while before he could go back to school.

"You can go in"  Kirigaya, Kirito's cousin, said as she smiled sweetly at you. You flushed seeing her there. You nodded and muttered a thank you. You hesitated for a moment. You didn't want to go in and then have Kirito wake up and see you in his room without his permission. You didn't want to make him upset.

"It's fine. He's been asking about you." She says before waving her hand. She grips the straps of her bag that is resting on her shoulder. "I'm going out" She chimed before leaving you in front of his door. You slowly turned the doorknob and walked in. You quietly closed the door and when you saw that he was still sleeping you grabbed the chair at his desk and sat on it, facing him. You placed your bag on the floor and pulled out your book. You figured you would read until he woke up- You almost dropped your book when you heard a hushed voice say,

"Is she gone?" Your head whipped up to see Kirito looking at you through his piles of pillows and blankets. You nodded and he carefully sat up. Smiling, he leaned against his bed. "How are you (Name)?" 

"I should be asking you that. How's your leg?" You asked as you shifted closer to him. He shrugged and attempted to sit up in a more comfortable position but hissed when he felt a sharp pain shoot through his leg. You immediately got up. "What's wrong? What can I do for you?" You quietly asked. 

"My leg just hurts- It's nothing really"You sent him a skeptical look. You nervously reached for the covers and tugged them back. His leg was off of the pillow it had once been put on. You gently lifted his foot up and placed it back on the pillow.

"I-Is that more comfortable? I'm sorry I should have asked first" You ask as you shift your hand away. He smiles at you flustered expression. 

"Yes thank you. I'm glad to see you" You sit back on the chair and pull out a small stack of papers. 

"I'm happy to see you too. I have some homework for you-" Cue the loud groan.

"I'll carry your books for you," You say as you take his books out of his hands. He sends you a thankful smile and shuts his locker. You lock it for him and the two of you head off to class. You try and slow down so you can stay at his pace. "How is your leg today?" 

"Better. It's not hurting as bad" He says as he glances at his leg. "I'm disappointed I have to go back to school," He says before letting out a quick laugh. Asuna runs down the hall to where the two of you were. 

"Kirito! (Name)!" She calls out as she stands beside you. She grins when she meets Kirito's eyes. "Good morning! I'm glad to see you're at school! (Name)'s been worries all week," Asuna says as she nudges you. You quickly look away, blushing. Kirito smiles at your cute expression. 

"It's good to be back" He says as the three of you turn into Kirito's homeroom class. You place his books on his desk and help him sit down.

"I have to go to my homeroom class now. I'll come back once the bell rings and help you carry your books again" You say to him before turning to walk away. 

"Ah- Wait (Name)" Kirito says. You turn to him.

"Yes Kirito?" You ask and he beckonds you closer with his hand. You inch forward and once you're close enough he reaches up and grabs the back of your neck. He pulls you down and places a quick kiss to your lips. He smiles innocently as you stand there completely flustered. Asuna holds back a laugh as she sits down at her own desk. 

"I'll see you after Homeroom (Name)."