Kakashi X Reader (Naruto)

A/N: there is swearing, mentions of blood and a near death experience. Be warned.
--------

Blood flowed out of your wound with ease as the knife that had been in your side had been ripped out. You crumpled to the ground, pain stopping most of your limbs from moving. You gasped out and tried to keep pressure on it but your hand had the feeling of pins and needles as you tried to press harder. Your eyes were struggling to stay open. Blackness was already invading the corners of your vision. You let out a shaky breath as you tried to keep calm. You could hear the distant sound of the war going on around you. Though you swore you could hear the sound of a voice, one that seemed familiar.

"(Name)!" The horrified scream from your friend, Kakashi, echoed through your ears. Suddenly, you felt two hands around you. One was securely around your waist, another one was placed roughly on your wound. You jolted at the feeling of pain, you had slowly been slipping into numbness without realizing it. "(Name). Oh god. Please stay with me" kakashi gasped as his brows furrowed together. Tears began to prickle at the corner of his eye. You slowly reached up and tugged at the cloth the covered his mouth and one of his eyes. He didn't flinch away or stop you, he allowed you to touch him. You kept your hand on his cheek and he leaned into the touch. He moved his knee so you could rest on that so he could free his hand around your waist and grab your weakening hand in his own. He placed a kiss to the palm of your hand as he closed his eyes, allowing the tears to flow freely down his cheeks. "Stay with me. Please" he pleaded as he picked you up as carefully as he could. Your hand trailed to your side and you were surprised when your felt a cloth that had been clumsily placed there. You could barely feel the wind around you as Kakashi rushed you to a doctor.

When you awoke you were very aware of your surroundings. You vividly remembered what had happened. You looked over to your side when you felt movement.

"Oh..." you whispered, your voice hoarse. You licked your chapped lips and moved your hand from Kakashi's gentle grasp. He was lying against the bed, his head turned towards you. His eyes, or rather eye, was closed. His back raised and fell, following his breathing patterns. You trailed your hand from his temple down to his cheek. You smiled weakly as you gently rubbed his cheek. His eye shot open and you flinched at the surprise awakening. He sat up quickly, pulling his chair closer to your bed so he could see you more clearly.

"You're awake." He whispered. The way he said it made you shiver. He sounded surprised, as though he didn't think you would be awake. You nodded your head and allowed to pull your hand back. He quickly took it in his hand. His eyebrows furrowed together as he held your one hand with both of his. "How are you feeling?" He asked. His voice shook as he intertwined your fingers with his.

"I've been better" you managed to say. Your voice sounded like nails on a chalk board and you coughed to try and smooth it out. "How are you? should you even be here? You were given orders to-"

"I don't give a shit" he cursed as he stared at you. He pulled the cloth that was hiding his face down so he could talk more freely. "I don't care about orders (Name). You've been out for a week-"

"A week! What about the war? What happened?! Is everyone-" you gasped, worry flooding your senses as you searched around the room, hoping to find an answer somewhere.

"That doesn't matter, (name). Not now. What matters is that your up and breathing" he said as he moved closer to you. "What matters is that you're alive" he whispered as he brushed his lips against yours. His hand that was intertwined with your own held onto you desperately as he firmly pressed his lips to yours. He wrapped his free hand around your waist, as carefully as he could, and pulled you closer. "You're alive" he murmured against your lips before letting the tears fall once again. You weakly smiled and kissed him back.

"And so are you." You managed to reply back. He slowly pulled away and sat back on the chair when the two of you heard footsteps heading towards your door. He was quick to pull the cloth to cover his face up before facing the door. The nurse came in and looked over the two of you before smiling sweetly.

"I'm glad to see you're awake" she said before bombarding you with multiple questions.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Kakashi asked as he hovered near by you. Laughing, you nodded, trying to assure him that you'd be fine.

"Since when were you this emotionally responsive?" You asked, glancing back at him. "I had always assumed that you were a by-the-book kinda guy but, these last few days, or weeks rather, you've been emotional. I'm not complaining. I'm actually quite relieved but I'm just wondering, what caused the switch?"

"Well you almost dying in my arms seemed to do something" he deadpanned. He stared ahead, refusing to look at you.

"I see." You hummed. You glanced at him before leaning over to place a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you for saving me" his eyes seemed to like up at both the action and comment. He looked away from you and you swore you could see a ghost of a smile under the cloth.

"Anything for you" he shrugged. You glanced at his hand that was at his side. You reached over and grabbed hold of it, intertwining your fingers together you leaned placed a kiss to the back of his hand.

"Thank you" you repeated and this time he looked over at you. Pulling the cloth away from his face, he leaned over to place a gentle kiss to your lips.

"Like I said, anything for you"